Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:14 PM

10 posts, read 22,191 times

Advertisements

Any long time florence, az residents out there? Or even coolidge?

Used to live there and saw the town get a little crazy with building bout the same time as phx was real hot market. I always thought it had to do with the housing bubble from phx affecting us. many of my neighbors drove far for a cheap home but when they lost their phx job, they lost their home.

some people tell me that florence is not affected by phx, but I think it is. anyone care to share their views? thx.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:20 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,020,128 times
So I posted this in the other thread, but I'll just copy and paste:

Ok, so according to Wiki, the 2000 pop was 17,054 and the 2007 pop. was 17,781...yeah, tons of Phoenicians are moving there in DROVES! LOL

Florence, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-17-2009, 09:26 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,665,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
So I posted this in the other thread, but I'll just copy and paste:

Ok, so according to Wiki, the 2000 pop was 17,054 and the 2007 pop. was 17,781...yeah, tons of Phoenicians are moving there in DROVES! LOL

Florence, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thats not the question. The question is whether FLORENCE is affected by PHX. You have said in numerous posts its NOT, and that its an isolated self supporting town.

You have even made these statements while saying that I dont know what I'm talking about.

Lets hear what others have to say besides you or me now.

Last edited by cmist; 11-17-2009 at 10:23 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 09:28 PM

So, as of November 2009, there are 155 homes for sale in Florence, 2 new homes came on the market in Florence in November. In the last 12 months in Florence, 437 were on sale but current inventory is, as stated 155.

In the last 12 months 734 homes were given foreclosure notices, where foreclosed on, or qualified for loan modifications...I thought it would be over a 1,000. I'm even shocked by that.

Florence, Arizona Real Estate Market - AOL Real Estate

Old 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
Thats not the question. The question is whether FLORENCE is affected by PHX. You have said in numerous posts its NOT, and that its an isolated self supporting town.

You have even made these statements while calling me the ignorant one.

Lets hear what others have to say besides you or me now.
Never called you any names, including "ignorant." Please don't put words in my mouth and start doing some research before you continue to post heavy ladened opinion as fact.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
So, as of November 2009, there are 155 homes for sale in Florence, 2 new homes came on the market in Florence in November. In the last 12 months in Florence, 437 were on sale but current inventory is, as stated 155.

In the last 12 months 734 homes were given foreclosure notices, where foreclosed on, or qualified for loan modifications...I thought it would be over a 1,000. I'm even shocked by that.

Florence, Arizona Real Estate Market - AOL Real Estate
Its still not the original point. You said its not dependent on Phx.

What is your view on why there would even BE that many homes in Florence at ALL?

If they are a self supporting town independent of Phx, that has had almost nothing new happen, why the spike in new home construction. What was the independent industry that came into town to spur the growth?

The core of the city is a prison built in 1908, if they only paid attention to the demand in their own city, why would you even expect to see any foreclosures?

Old 11-17-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
Its still not the original point. You said its not dependent on Phx.

What is your view on why there would even BE that many homes in Florence at ALL?

If they are a self supporting town independent of Phx, that has had almost nothing new happen, why the spike in new home construction. What was the independent industry that came into town to spur the growth?

The core of the city is a prison built in 1908, if they only paid attention to the demand in their own city, why would you even expect to see any foreclosures?
You wanted to know how many houses, permits, foreclosures, etc available in Florence. Since you have such huge opinions on the matter, why don't you start doing some work as well and actually BACKING up your rhetoric with factual evidence. Since nothing I post is good enough for you. Let's get some information from you.

Also, it would be a simple extrapolation of fact to conclude that since little housing has erupted in Florence since 2000, that the population has grown little, that the Phoenix housing boom had little to do with Florence. There are also homes in Foreclosure in Florida and all over the nation, including in cities not close to Phoenix but in Arizona; does that mean they are suffering foreclosures because of the Phoenix boom? Your logic makes no sense. As communities all across the nation were effected by the economic recession, even towns that have little to do with Phoenix commuters suffered from foreclosures.

Anyway, need to go pick up food. Would love to see some data to support many of your statements cmist.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:41 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned quote Right so those links I posted with data and numbers aren't any fact or data. Right, hawaiian whatever, Moderator cut: personal Let's see some data to support your views as well...we are waiting!

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-17-2009 at 10:48 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
You wanted to know how many houses, permits, foreclosures, etc available in Florence. Since you have such huge opinions on the matter, why don't you start doing some work as well and actually BACKING up your rhetoric with factual evidence. Since nothing I post is good enough for you. Let's get some information from you.

Also, it would be a simple extrapolation of fact to conclude that since little housing has erupted in Florence since 2000, that the population has grown little, that the Phoenix housing boom had little to do with Florence. There are also homes in Foreclosure in Florida and all over the nation, including in cities not close to Phoenix but in Arizona; does that mean they are suffering foreclosures because of the Phoenix boom? Your logic makes no sense. As communities all across the nation were effected by the economic recession, even towns that have little to do with Phoenix commuters suffered from foreclosures.

Anyway, need to go pick up food. Would love to see some data to support many of your statements cmist.
I havent made "many" statements. I only said that Florence was one of the cities on the fringes that experienced a high rates of foreclosures. You then became the guru of Florence and declared that its an independent self supporting town that is completely independent of Phx, that they have their own industry and were not affected by the Phx bubble.

I am not highly opinionated on this topic, but I know you are wrong.

Fact is, there are still almost 750 FORECLOSURES, and I dont think its because everyone turned over a new leaf and they closed down the prison. Obviously builders infiltrated the town, Phx people bought them, and when there was no where to turn for work, or the demand from Phx investors shriveld up, their homes were lost too. This number is a significant improvement from over a year ago, there were even MORE!

I want to know what you attribute the 734 foreclosures to. Seems in a bad economy a prison would actually be doing better, so they ought to be booming and brimming with new jobs. If you are so adamant in stating that it had nothing to do with PHX than YOU are the one that needs to show exactly what exactly caused this. The statistics you post are irrelevant and do not support your statement.

Everybody already KNOWS about the Phx bubble, and its my position it affected Florence. Do I need to show proof of a Phx housing bubble?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianhaole View Post
naw, i tell u what i see with my eyes, thats better than wiki. i cant make u believe, but umake urself look goofy. i know i was messd up by phx better than u do. u pick fights for fun. i see that with my eyes too, but wish i could prove with wiki
Right! Translation, there is no supporting evidence to offer for you nor cmist's statements. So, "nah," we should just take your word for it. Yeah, no thank's; the blind leading the blind isn't really my cup of tea.

734, were the 12 month foreclosure numbers. Meaning some where foreclosed on, some refinanced, some were short sales, some still in their homes, etc etc. Come on, give us some proof if you want to make you opinion more than just, that, an opinion. And if you haven't noticed, the crime, imprisonment, etc rates are lower. What is higher is state hiring due to economic stimulus cash flows, infrastructure projects, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area