Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:05 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; there is a strong parallel between high lead levels in the air and emotional problems in children i.e. impulsiveness, etc. As for firearms: I suppport the Second Amendment.
I am also a fan of and supporter of the 2nd amendment. Also think we have the right to run fuel of our choice and regulations are killing us. I don't think the market is that large for those that would run high performance fuel and the issues related to higher lead levels would be minimal. Look at the prices, most of us are not going to pay those kind of numbers to get additional performance on the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:53 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
This makes the most sense to me. Why drive all over the place looking for what your mfr "recommends"? Buy the octane booster anywhere, and see if it really makes that much diference. BTW, Nissan "recommends" that the Maxima run on premium unleaded. Back when I had my first one, and gas wasn't crazy expensive, I went along for a long time. Then, I stopped. Didn't see that much difference. Bought my second one used, have NEVER used premium, and it's just fine.
The octane boosters do not work, they will give you a minimal increase, say you dump it into 91, it will give you 91.5 tops, you won't get to 93 unless you dump in 5-6 containers.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:02 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
The octane boosters do not work, they will give you a minimal increase, say you dump it into 91, it will give you 91.5 tops, you won't get to 93 unless you dump in 5-6 containers.
Well, then, if that's so I'd just do what I do.... not worry about what the mfr "recommends".

Old 11-26-2009, 09:53 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, then, if that's so I'd just do what I do.... not worry about what the mfr "recommends".
True, and plus what I read online 91 in Arizona is similiar to 93 in other states, I have no idea why it's just what I read.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 18,825 times
Quote:
You can get 93 and higher all over Phoenix, the gas station at Cave Creek and Union Hills has 110 octane for racing.
Wow. There's nothing about this post that's correct.

1.) there is no 93 octane in the state of Arizona. Everyone knows this.

2.) the Valero at Cave Creek & Union Hills sells 100 Octane for $7.99/gallon. That's it. There is NO 110 octane for sale at any drive up gas station pump in Arizona. You have to go to a track or a 50 gallon drum for that.

If you're going to make up incorrect information, do it somewhere else.

Someone needs to ban KarmaPhx for posting completely incorrect information.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 18,825 times
Quote:
True, and plus what I read online 91 in Arizona is similiar to 93 in other states, I have no idea why it's just what I read.
That's completely untrue. The RON and Motor Octane ratings are uniform across the country. Octane rating is what it is. Your 91 in AZ is 91, no more.

What are you getting out of posting all your incorrect bull****?

Old 01-15-2010, 08:59 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post

2.) the Valero at Cave Creek & Union Hills sells 100 Octane for $7.99/gallon. That's it. There is NO 110 octane for sale at any drive up gas station pump in Arizona. You have to go to a track or a 50 gallon drum for that.

We all post incorrect information, me included from time to time. You are correct about no 93 octane gas being available. It is unfortunate nonetheless.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 18,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post

In addition to Valero at Cave Creek and Union Hills for 100 octane, the Love's Travel Stop next to Firebird Raceway sells BOTH Sunoco 100 and Sunoco 110 at the pump. I go to both places frequently to fill my car. Keep in mind that the 100 is unleaded and the 110 is leaded.

Brian

Old 01-22-2010, 03:49 PM

551 posts, read 2,725,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brians98ss View Post
In addition to Valero at Cave Creek and Union Hills for 100 octane, the Love's Travel Stop next to Firebird Raceway sells BOTH Sunoco 100 and Sunoco 110 at the pump. I go to both places frequently to fill my car. Keep in mind that the 100 is unleaded and the 110 is leaded.

Brian
I use this gas station from time to time. Where are the pumps that have something other than 87/89/91 and/or diesel? I don't think I've seen any special pumps there -- but I didn't look very hard either.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 18,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
I use this gas station from time to time. Where are the pumps that have something other than 87/89/91 and/or diesel? I don't think I've seen any special pumps there -- but I didn't look very hard either.
Sorry for the very late response.

The pumps are located on the far west island (nearest the car wash) and are in the middle. The pumps are labeled "Race Gas".

Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area