Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:58 AM

39,178 posts, read 51,489,919 times

Advertisements

I got mine a couple days ago. The kids got theirs earlier. I think we all had H1N1 back in October but never tested - had the fever, nasty coughs etc. Anyhow, the vaccine is good insurance in case it was not SF. I had a very minor sore arm and nothing else from the shot. Same as the seasonal I have been getting for years and years.

10000 people have died from SF in the US - many of them healthy kids, thousands more hospitalized with serious complications, millions more with lost hours and pay from work or just miserable with symptoms. I haven't heard of anyone being more than very minimally affected by the shot. This is not a hard decision.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:27 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,997,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
when did you get your shot? let us know if you have any side effects, I am kind of worried about how fast the shots were developed. I have never taken a flu shot ever to date. I hope they are wrong about the new wave of cases in the New Year. The onset of this virus freaked me out too.
Since you have never had a flu shot, your experience could be different. I have taken them for years and usually get only a slightly sore arm. I didn't even get that from the H1N1 shot(end of OCt.). Nothing at all. I'm 67 y/o and have gone through the 2 previous outbreaks w/o getting sick. My son, his wife, and 3 toddlers all got the H1N1 with no reaction. Good luck!

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,312,686 times
I got my shot several weeks ago. NO problems other than a tremendously sore arm the next day but I get that from the "regular" shot.

H1N1 swept thru my nephew's school in So Calif and kids were really, really sick from it.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:34 AM

824 posts, read 2,342,941 times
Quote:
"when did you get your shot? let us know if you have any side effects"
As canary in the cave, I would like to report that the sore arm is a distant memory and I feel excellent.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:18 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,493,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
It appears that the availability of H1N1 vaccines is high, and the priority group designations have been largely abandoned. I used this provider, and there were plenty of location choices using my zip code. Places like Walgreen's and some doctor offices are hit or miss in terms of supply.
Quote:

I think that it is an easy call. The provider cost is $20, and even that is covered by many insurance plans. And it was convenient; I picked up a Basha's pizza after my vaccination.
Well, flu viruses can mutate, so the threat is not eliminated by a vaccine for certain strains. But vaccination can provide some protection for similar strains, in addition to the targeted strains. Since I took Oceanography for my college science requirement, I will not elaborate further.
Quote:
As canary in the cave, I would like to report that the sore arm is a distant memory and I feel excellent.

Nice try Mr. Illuminati. I'm not fooled by your attempts at population control.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:35 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,997,857 times
Since this thread went too far off topic and a lot has been said (remember you can't see deleted posts), it is closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area