Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 03:28 PM

725 posts, read 2,325,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
There are plenty.

SaddleRanch is a small chain and is definitely a place that has a large focus on it's atmosphere. As such you probably pay a touch more for the food than you would in a similar stripped down establishment.

However, the atmosphere isn't bad and it's right next to the stadium. They go beyond barfood with their steaks and some of their entrees - although there is a big selection of burgers, wraps, etc as well.

Downtown Glendale has a lot of good options for more homestyle meals.

One of my favorite places is owned by a polish couple - A Touch of European Cafe .... not sure how late they are open, but the food is excellent. Pierogis, Kielbasa, Cabbage Rolls, incredible soups, etc - it's a BYOB if that matters

The next two places are ones that I enjoyed before they were featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives - but still are good.

Haus Murphys has good German food and their little alleyway is a nice place to sit with a light bite and a drink.

La Piazza Al Forno is good pizza and italian entrees. They have some sandwiches for lunch and their cheesecake is killer.

Cee-Cees on the Corner is good for breakfast and lunch - basic fare, but done right.

Kiss the Cook I like more for breakfast than anything else.

If you come down the 101 there are more up in that corridor - although I'm a bit out of touch as I don't live there anymore
What's Kiss the Cook like????? I've heard of that place but not sure how good the food is - it kinda sounds like a dive Diner but I'm guessing it must be a little better than that.

Is it in Glendale, and what part?

Where else in Glendale is good for pre or post-game Drinks and Eats??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 03:40 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,257,377 times
It's a family restaurant - here is their website, although it doesn't look like they've put much work into it

Kiss the Cook! - Home

not really a dive per se, more of a small family restaurant - probably a little more quaint than your normal greasy spoon type place

here is their yelp
Kiss the Cook Restaurant - Glendale, AZ

for pre/post game drinks and eats you really can't go wrong with anyplace at northern & 101 or westgate itself ... there is also a native new yorker tucked back by the cabelas

there is also a place called "the gym" which is south of the stadium right off the 101 (inside the loop) .... looks like a nice bar, but i've never been

it all really depends on what floats your boat

Old 12-31-2009, 03:45 PM

725 posts, read 2,325,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
It's a family restaurant - here is their website, although it doesn't look like they've put much work into it

Kiss the Cook! - Home

not really a dive per se, more of a small family restaurant - probably a little more quaint than your normal greasy spoon type place

here is their yelp
Kiss the Cook Restaurant - Glendale, AZ

for pre/post game drinks and eats you really can't go wrong with anyplace at northern & 101 or westgate itself ... there is also a native new yorker tucked back by the cabelas

there is also a place called "the gym" which is south of the stadium right off the 101 (inside the loop) .... looks like a nice bar, but i've never been

it all really depends on what floats your boat
Thanks!!!!!!!! Your info really helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: