Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 12:58 PM

425 posts, read 959,380 times

Advertisements

I currently live in NYC, and am researching possible relocation destinations. I came across Glendale, AZ and the area around Westgate City Center sounds appealing, since I am enjoy going to sporting events, having hockey & football nearby is a plus.

My question is are there nice apartments in the area, what is the public transit like & what is the avg. rent I can expect? I would be good with anything between a studio up to a 2 BR.

Thank you for any information you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 01:05 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,025,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottykick View Post
I currently live in NYC, and am researching possible relocation destinations. I came across Glendale, AZ and the area around Westgate City Center sounds appealing, since I am enjoy going to sporting events, having hockey & football nearby is a plus.

My question is are there nice apartments in the area, what is the public transit like & what is the avg. rent I can expect? I would be good with anything between a studio up to a 2 BR.

Thank you for any information you can provide.
There are actually apartments, condos, and loft developments directly on Westgate property:

Pillar Communities - Pillar at Westgate

And another called the Alexan...Not sure what pricing is but they have studios to 3 bedrooms.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:14 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,459,534 times
As far as public transit is concerned, there is a park and ride lot at Glendale and the 101, right across from Westgate. There is an express bus (Rte 573) to downtown (those operate during rush periods only) if you are working downtown, it's a great option. You can transfer to other routes if your final work destination is not right downtown.

www.valleymetro.org

Old 01-06-2010, 01:15 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,242,057 times
there is a lot in the area - both on the property, across the street, across the highway, etc

rents will vary - but will be similar to other parts of the metro

public transport isn't that great - there is the glendale park & ride right near by and a couple bus routes ...... but public transport isn't the bright spot in phoenix

if you don't have a car you will want to get one soon

Old 01-06-2010, 02:14 PM

425 posts, read 959,380 times
Thanks for the info.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,507,229 times
Having a car is a must in that western part of the valley. Westgate is too new to have any decent public transit, I think that will arrive in time.

I noticed some new apartment buildings north of Westgate and a few still under construction. Maybe check those out, they should be decent being all brand new but I'm unsure of the rental costs.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:44 PM

652 posts, read 2,714,131 times
You may want to consider lofts and apartments in downtown Phoenix or Tempe. There are plenty of sports there (Suns, Diamondback, Sun Devils), and the public transit is better.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 AM

725 posts, read 2,324,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
You may want to consider lofts and apartments in downtown Phoenix or Tempe. There are plenty of sports there (Suns, Diamondback, Sun Devils), and the public transit is better.
No doubt!!!!!!!!!

I mean, I love Westgate - all the Sports action and Nightlife and all but it's too far away from where a good share of the population is. I'm sure there are Busses that go out that way but almost everyone drives and creates traffic tie-ups when there are games.

Get the Light-rail going there and it would be more appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area