Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for the best photo
Steve-o ---- Girls 7 7.37%
bitbit612 ---- Wampanoag Mother & Child 10 10.53%
grannymontanny ---- Hatitude 12 12.63%
mommiewrites ---- Sweet Innocence 6 6.32%
I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA ---- Where Did The Time Go??????? 27 28.42%
LadyRobyn ---- Shhhh... Gramma's Angel is sleeping 16 16.84%
budong ---- Sisters Of Rural Appalachia 17 17.89%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:47 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,398,794 times

Advertisements

Guess Im the first? lol

Simply titled "Girls". Shot last July in Geneva, Illinois (the most recent portrait I have). No EXIF data available at the moment. Not my usual insect/flora/etc photography, so Im not sure how well it will be received. But its worth a try, right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 05:54 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times

Title: Wampanoag Mother & Child
Camera: Panasonic DMC-LC40
Attached Thumbnails
Finals March 2008 Photography Contest-wampanoag-mother-child_cd.jpg  

Old 03-12-2008, 01:26 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,815,633 times
Hatitude,by grannymontannyhttp://home.centurytel.net/Dians/index.html/hatitude.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-12-2008, 02:24 PM

932 posts, read 1,274,299 times
Sweet Innocence

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/pippinpuppy/rachel4.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Where Did The Time Go???????

Last edited by peggydavis; 03-30-2008 at 10:37 AM..

Old 03-14-2008, 01:52 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,830,663 times
Shhhh... Gramma's Angel is sleeping.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/LadyRobyn/lexicontest2.jpg (broken link)

- LadyRobyn

Model - Canon PowerShot S5 IS

Date/Time - 2008:03:05 13:35:58

Old 03-15-2008, 09:25 PM

462 posts, read 1,877,518 times
Sisters Of Rural Appalachia. Minolta XG-1

Old 03-24-2008, 03:39 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,622,556 times
Default Finals March 2008 Photography Contest

Well, this got a little messed up and I put the rules at the end. I have noticed that no one seems to read them much anyway.

Okay, this was a great contest! I arbitrarily made a decision to take the top 7 entries.

Vote for your favorite portrait, and leave them rep points as well, if you will. Only one vote allowed now to see who will be the new champion, and who will choose the theme for the next contest.

VOTERS: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST! When you are voting in the poll, please keep a few things in mind. Entrants were encouraged to take their best 'portrait' shot as a theme picked by a previous winner. Please keep the theme and the guidelines below in mind as you help us choose our next CD Photo Contest winner.

Please do not post to this thread since comments and compliments might skew other voters. You can make comments in Feb/March 08 City-Data Photography Contest Discussion and leave the photographers positive rep comments, they'd appreciate that.

The contest is now open, so post away! Please read all the rules before posting.

Welcome to the third City-Data Photography Contest. It's just for recreation and good times. This contest was just an idea that materialized and we've worked through, and isn't officially sanctioned by City-Data. So if you have issues and or gripes, direct them to me, not City-Data.

Like the previous contest, this thread will serve as the entry and voting thread. I've tried to include most of the changes below, but let me summarize here:

I'll open this thread on March 10th for everyone to start posting their pictures. Voting will last about 7 days.

The theme: PORTRAITS, of people, formal or informal. The portrait should convey something about the person.

Now the details for this thread. Remember, all contestants should be very familiar with the rules/guidelines provided here.

1. This thread is open to as many people who want to enter. If necessary, the field will be narrowed to the top ten or so, and we will vote in the run-off. If we have a lot of entries, multiple votes in the first poll will be allowed.
2. Contestants, please post your picture, a title (if you'd like), and your name IN the post.
3. This thread will be closed until March 10th, at which time posters can begin adding their images to this thread.
4. We will leave the thread open for submissions until March 16th, at which time I will add a poll with all contestants names for voting. Voting will then begin and run for 7 days, closing on the 23rd.
5. No 'Great Shot' posts or 'Nice work' allowed. If you see ANY posts here that aren't picture submissions, please use the report post feature by clicking this symbol . A moderator will be notified and the post will be deleted. There should be nothing here to skew the votes. You can leave comments about the pictures here Feb/March 08 City-Data Photography Contest Discussion
6. After the poll closes, the winner will be announced and the prize will be rewarded.
7. Remember gang, this is just for fun. We're all just hangin' out, trying to be better photographers.
8. Participants can vote for their own pictures and are encouraged to do so!
9. If you see something that is not original work that's been posted here, please repost the post AND DM me too. We will take care of the post, the picture, and the ramifications of that activity.
10. No restrictions on dimensions, try and limit file size to 400K, but no one is going to be penalized on file size. If you can size it down, great. If not, don't worry about it.
11. No restrictions on subjects but the voting will based on adherance to the theme by the voters.
12. Please use new, fresh pics shot recently. Nothing out of your photo stock.
6. One picture per contestant. (color, black and white, your choice!)
7. If you know what EXIF data is and you don't mind posting it, please do so. It might help us all become better shots.
8. The prize offered is still up in the air. We're working on a couple of options but again, it's MOSTLY for fun.
10. If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to DM me.

Last edited by peggydavis; 03-24-2008 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests