Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times

Advertisements

Imaginative photographer lands world-tour job at Coke

It's really something to see this. Thought you guys might like it ! ! !

Imaginative photographer lands world-tour job at Coke « Flickr Blog

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 10:39 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times
How does he make pictures like those ?

Old 01-17-2014, 10:55 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,001,101 times
Lots of photoshopping

Old 01-17-2014, 02:19 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Interesting!

Old 01-17-2014, 02:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
When I hear "Photoshop" in the same sentence as "clever photography", I usually start to roll my eyes. I am not in agreement with many that Photoshop should be used when trying to pass off an image as "original", which some photographers attempt to do. I believe in honing your photography skills so that you don't need Photoshop.

Having said that, the images that this guy put together are exactly what Photoshop is for, and they are extremely creative images. At no point would anyone think these were "real" and not manipulated in some way, and they clearly show that his mind is highly intelligent and definitely creative. Good for him getting the job, he clearly deserves it.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
I love stuff like that, but I wouldn't call them photographs.
A new term needs to be coined, or I need made aware of the existing word, for describing these artworks.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
When I hear "Photoshop" in the same sentence as "clever photography", I usually start to roll my eyes. I am not in agreement with many that Photoshop should be used when trying to pass off an image as "original", which some photographers attempt to do. I believe in honing your photography skills so that you don't need Photoshop.

Having said that, the images that this guy put together are exactly what Photoshop is for, and they are extremely creative images. At no point would anyone think these were "real" and not manipulated in some way, and they clearly show that his mind is highly intelligent and definitely creative. Good for him getting the job, he clearly deserves it.
Pretty close to how I feel. There is certainly a place for highly photoshopped pics. Many of them are very cool and while most people do some post work on their pictures my favorites are the ones with as little done to them as possible.

The first and second to last are great pics while being realistic.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:39 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Cleaning up an image like we used to do in darkroom is photography. The rest is graphic art. Combo pf photography and fantasy.

I dont like photoshop manipulation, it's kinda like the old CCCP removing "disgraced" Politbureau member's pictures from scenes to rewrite history

Old 01-18-2014, 02:29 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,056,173 times
Neat ideas. But everything he's done in Photoshop can also be done in the darkroom. It doesn't make it any less valid as art.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography