Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:39 AM

57 posts, read 330,915 times

Advertisements

I took these pics standing on a covered porch. I was trying to get a picture of the 'lake' that was forming at the base of my steps. The 'shiney' spots I can put to the flash on the rain drops but the little orbs ? I don't know what they are but they have turned up in many of my photos from this property.
I took these one right after the other. I didn't see anything when I was taking the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Have you caught a ghost in a picture?-puddle-steps-1.jpg   Have you caught a ghost in a picture?-puddle-steps-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 10:52 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Question how do I....

Could someone help me with a problem? I am not sure how to enlargen my photos. I keep getting just the thumbnail size when I upload. I've tried everything I know of for a few days, but I can't get anything to work. I have several "ghost" pictures but they are impossbile to see in the thumbnail size. THANKS!

Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,331,881 times
and I don't know how to do the thumbnails... lol.
For the picture you need a web address for the photo.
I use photobucket for pictures for websites.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
set up an account.
browse and upload the photo you want, then copy the URL.
when you come here, click on the little mountain icon. (insert picture) and then erase the http and paste your picture's address, it'll come up.
If it's too small or too big here once you do that, you can edit the size of it on photobucket and it'll change wherever you have the picture.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 AM

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipL View Post
and I don't know how to do the thumbnails... lol.
For the picture you need a web address for the photo.
I use photobucket for pictures for websites.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
set up an account.
browse and upload the photo you want, then copy the URL.
when you come here, click on the little mountain icon. (insert picture) and then erase the http and paste your picture's address, it'll come up.
If it's too small or too big here once you do that, you can edit the size of it on photobucket and it'll change wherever you have the picture.
THANK YOU! I greatly appreciate it!

Old 03-18-2008, 11:35 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,451 times
The Thumbnails are just fine.. There is no need to add them on another page for people to see them,.. all people has to do here.. is click on the thumbnail and it comes up on another page bigger..

Old 03-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Talking Yay! I can do it! *smile*

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
THANK YOU! I greatly appreciate it!
Thanks ChipL, I've got it figured out! *smile*

I have a TON of pictures taken with regular film and with digital cameras that have apparitions on them. My family has alway been considered 'highly sensitive' to spirits. I have photos (somewhere...lol) that were taken 20 years or more ago that have orbs, spots, etc. on them. I will post my most recent ones though because these are most near and dear to my heart.

If anyone wants to PM me for a website that has several personal ghost stories/spiritual dealings, please feel free to do so!

My first photo is of my daughter and my son's best friend hugging after the Senior Awards Ceremony at her high school. To the bottom left of the picture you will see an outline of the shape of my SON (Taylor). It is his body type, hair shape (at his time of death) and if you look close enough, you will be able to see it. It appears to be him standing forward, looking right at the camera and it has his head down to his belly. The head and shoulders are very visable. His head is right where the "fire" is, to the left.

Let me just add, that during the awards ceremony, I was visibly upset (since he had only just passed on 6 months earlier) and I was taking all sorts of pictures of Taylor's friends. While I was taking one of them, I could have sworn I saw my son run up to one of his buddies and slap him on the back like he used to do. I gasped and at that exact moment, Nicky flew forward and fell onto the ground! No one saw Taylor other than myself. But others around me and afterward were remarking that it had appeared as though someone had 'pushed' him. Taylor's best friend's father was sitting next to me and he is the only person I told at the same moment it happened. He didn't see Taylor, but he did agree it was as if Nicky had been pushed. He has it on video tape, although I have not viewed the tape myself.

Here is the first picture from that night:

On a side note, a friend of mine always swears that he can see a face in the lower left below my daughters knees.

To give you an idea of what my son looks like, he is the one in the middle in this picture: This was taken the day before he died. (Notice the white light above his head.)

Old 03-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Exclamation White light

here is the last picture taken of him. This was taken a few hours before he drowned. (Notice the white light again around him.) Sorry it's so big, I haven't figured out how to make it smaller yet. I was too anxious to post!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:52 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Here is my favorite artificial (man-made) "ghost."

Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
99.9999999999% of any picture with an "Orb" can be attributed to errors by the camera reading light as it enters sensor. This is especially so with digital cameras and is even more prevalent when there is moisture (rain, fog, etc.) in the air.

Bottom line, I dont think orbs should count in this thread because they arent really ghosts.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
99.9999999999% of any picture with an "Orb" can be attributed to errors by the camera reading light as it enters sensor. This is especially so with digital cameras and is even more prevalent when there is moisture (rain, fog, etc.) in the air.

Bottom line, I dont think orbs should count in this thread because they arent really ghosts.
I agree to a certain extent. It seems that digital camera tend to capture many more orbs than a regular 35mm does. Also, depending on the conditions, you can be sure that many times it is dust or moisture. I have captured some orbs that cant' be explained away, but I have many more than can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography