Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 05:38 PM

8 posts, read 25,536 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anyway I could ride the elevators in the US Steel tower that serve 64 being its the tallest building in the City? I would like to ride the elevators then leave up and backdown if anyone knows the Email for the manager or the owner of the building so i can ask the manager or is there anyother building there? I have tried all of the buildings there like mellon, PPG place Oxford the Grant building and more but there is not access to the elevaotrs
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnedz View Post
Does anyone know anyway I could ride the elevators in the US Steel tower that serve 64 being its the tallest building in the City? I would like to ride the elevators then leave up and backdown if anyone knows the Email for the manager or the owner of the building so i can ask the manager or is there anyother building there? I have tried all of the buildings there like mellon, PPG place Oxford the Grant building and more but there is not access to the elevaotrs
Wha Wha What are you asking?

Old 01-01-2009, 07:39 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,774,703 times
Someone call Homeland Security!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:55 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,962,766 times
Since 9/11, it's impossible to get into the US Steel Tower unless you have business there. You first have to take the escalator to the mezzanine to security, they confirm that you are expected, they take your picture, you have to show ID, then you are issued a photo pass that you have to wear while you're in the building. It's pretty much the same with the other skyscrapers downtown over 20 stories tall.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Someone call Homeland Security!
why Im not causing trouble or somthing bad I just want to ride the elevator there because its the tallest building in the city as in alot of city's the buildings are restricted in america because of 9/11 unfornitly and I like to ride elevators are rare hobby alot of us like to do that is proberly why you think Im doing somthing bad but Im not. I have been in the 54th floor here in 2004 because my dad had to go to a meeting there once but normally he rarly ever goes there anymore I tries the mellon elevator and they have the bars that you need a card to open them similar to the turnstyles but I wish that the US Steel had a sky deck like the sears tower or the futer trans national place in boston. The US Steel tower has 70s model elevators made by the otis elevator company and I know alot about elevator and I like them they my seem boring to alot of people but beleive me there are more people that like them than you think also the US Steel tower has fast elevators

Old 01-01-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Wha Wha What are you asking?
I just want to see what would I have to do to be alowd to go to the elevators nothing to harm the building or anyone I'll even go with a sercurity guard but I dont think they will let me because of 9/11 they dont let people there anymore in now and I like elevators and they are fast because I tried the mellon and the oxford and PPG place too and no luck for elevator access

Old 01-01-2009, 03:17 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Maybe people would not be wondering what you are asking if you used punctuation....

Old 01-01-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Maybe people would not be wondering what you are asking if you used punctuation....
Sorry I didnt you puctuation, no one does in chat rooms, so Im not used to it anymore.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:37 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times

Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,611,087 times
dude????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh