Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 01:47 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,758,918 times

Advertisements

In the sixties Pittsburgh had it's own type of oldies: Porky's Dusty Discs, Mad Mike' Moldies and others.
I never expected to be able to find this music again but I have found this on You Tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwD2V...eature=related
Does anyone know who/what this is or how they can be contacted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 03:37 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
In the sixties Pittsburgh had it's own type of oldies: Porky's Dusty Discs, Mad Mike' Moldies and others.
I never expected to be able to find this music again but I have found this on You Tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwD2V...eature=related
Does anyone know who/what this is or how they can be contacted?
Jerry at Jerry's Records will know. Jerry's Records :: The World's Finest Vinyl :: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,031,392 times
1320 AM plays all oldies (including a lot of stuff from the 1950s). It's my favorite radio station in Pittsburgh. They have a fun morning show, too.

They have a show on Sunday night called Music for Young Lovers with Terry Lee. It's mostly 1950s doo-wop music and it's amazing!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 4,462 times
Terry Lee is no longer on WJAS...I've heard his sponsors weren't happy with the nighttime signal, which is very weak. There are some places right near the radio station in Greentree where you can't even hear it. Both the sponsors and his listeners were unhappy he couldn't be heard, so now I hear he's shopping around for a station with a stronger signal. In the meantime, his music for young lovers is on WLSW 103.9 Saturdays 10-midnight...and yes it is amazing! There's something about the way he talks and plays the music that makes you feel good...even my kids like him! I've heard he also has a website and podcast too, but I haven't found it yet.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:54 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
1320 AM plays all oldies (including a lot of stuff from the 1950s). It's my favorite radio station in Pittsburgh. They have a fun morning show, too.
I like WJAS 1320 AM some of the time. It's a little too Easy Listening for me (Anne Murray, Michael Booblay (sic), the Carpenters) most of the time, but they play guilty pleasures I'm just not going to hear anywhere else ("I Miss You like Crazy," Natalie Cole; "Wind beneath My Wings, Bette Midler; "Saved the Best for Last, Vanessa Williams; "We'll Sing in the Sunshine," Gale Garnett). It's too bad they don't play more "girl group" music (the Ronettes, the Crystals, the Shirelles, Lesley Gore, the Shangri-Las, etc.)

It would be nice if the morning guy could keep his political opinions to himself. If I wanted the mouth droppings of Quinn and Rose, I'd listen to Quinn and Rose.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,222,470 times
Here's Terrys website. You can link to the podcasts from there too!
http://tlsoundco.com

Old 02-20-2011, 06:14 AM

4 posts, read 13,715 times
The song is called "Thunder Wagon" by the "Noblemen". I don't know how they can be contacted if at all.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:36 PM

250 posts, read 359,563 times
Jerry's is one of the city's greatest hidden gems IMO. The kind of thing most people would assume they'd need to go to NYC or Chicago to find. Viva vinyl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh