Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
It has been absolutely beautiful out. We are just about in "light jacket" weather which is my absolute favorite!
Yes, I love that, too! Our leaves are barely turning, but we often get a first snow the same time as the first frost. We'll see. Great PR for the ski industry if it happens during a televised Broncos game!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
Have the leaves started turning yet?
Not yet. Peak is anticipated for mid October. With the way things look right now, I'd say the third week of October is more likely for peak.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM

457 posts, read 431,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Not yet. Peak is anticipated for mid October. With the way things look right now, I'd say the third week of October is more likely for peak.
That's PERFECT! I will be home for it then!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:08 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,321,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'll be there the 12th-21st so hopefully I will be able to enjoy the GORGEOUS views!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 04:48 PM

314 posts, read 848,928 times
~squeezes her eyes shut and whispers a little prayer! Please oh please let it owrk out. We are supposed to turn our house over to the buyer on the 21st. Which puts us there the 23rd at the latest. Phew! I am excited and happy and scared and nervous all at the same time.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,066,997 times
Quote:
~squeezes her eyes shut and whispers a little prayer! Please oh please let it owrk out. We are supposed to turn our house over to the buyer on the 21st. Which puts us there the 23rd at the latest. Phew! I am excited and happy and scared and nervous all at the same time.
LOL! You are so expressive!! Please forgive me for forgetting, but do or your family actually have any connection to Pittsburgh? Did your husband grow up here? The only reason I ask if that when you fly in, if you have no idea what to expect, I'll come get you at the airport and show you around if you'd like. :P

Old 10-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
LOL! You are so expressive!! Please forgive me for forgetting, but do or your family actually have any connection to Pittsburgh? Did your husband grow up here? The only reason I ask if that when you fly in, if you have no idea what to expect, I'll come get you at the airport and show you around if you'd like. :P
We are actually driving in. We are coming blind. Don't know a soul and have nowhere to go besides a hotel room for a couple nights. We have many possibilities lined up but mainly we just wanna get there and check eveything out. It will just be he and I as the kids will be with my mom (and my puppies).
My hunny just told me to tell you we will meet you at Primanti Bros and go from there. LOL. We have a house we are looking into in Squirrel Hill South for $149k. It is like $17 below appraissal. I am just really, really torn as to whether we should do the smart thing and rent or jump in feet first and buy a place. I teeter back and forth.
You are the sweetest. There is no way you are getting away without at least showing us around!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:03 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,066,997 times
Quote:
My hunny just told me to tell you we will meet you at Primanti Bros and go from there. LOL. We have a house we are looking into in Squirrel Hill South for $149k. It is like $17 below appraissal. I am just really, really torn as to whether we should do the smart thing and rent or jump in feet first and buy a place. I teeter back and forth.
You are the sweetest. There is no way you are getting away without at least showing us around!!
LOL. Great! My next question is, which Primanti Bros?? Are you driving up during the weekend? That will guarentee my ability to meet with you. I will try to come up with some things, too!! Renting is always smart, but you know what, if you find the perfect place and lose it, you may regret it forever! Maybe this place in Squirrel Hill (great neighborhood, btw) will turn out disappointing and will make your decision easier. If it's great, I bet you'll be even more torn. LOL.

OMG WAIT! I wanna meet you someplace outside of the city so I can see your faces when you go through the Fort Pitt tunnels for the first time! It is a world-renown spectacular. When Price Charles first saw it at nighttime, he politely asked his Limo driver to "go back and do it again." LOL.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 PM

That is the best story ever. I just picture Old Chuck all calm and English with a childlike glint in his eye. Maybe I have too much imagination but I am just soooo excited
We are going to try to make it on a weekend. Its all still kind of speculative right now. we get together with the buyer later in teh week to come up with the particulars. How are plans for the pic-a-nic going?

This is off topic and I know it won't make National news but a local Sheriff here, Harry Lee, died today. He had been Sherriff for 28 yrs. He was this fat asian good old boy. I know that sounds like I mixed up my cliches but its true. He spoke his mind like no politician I have ever known and constantly got re-elected for it. I wish there were more like him. RIP Harry Lee!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM

Check it out and give me ya'lls educated opinion...and don't steal it!4/2 Single Family House For Sale (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh