Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:41 PM

45 posts, read 140,326 times

Advertisements

I was there when she first started doing it, and went on my way. I assumed she wasn't crazy, but was doing it to protest the proselytizers on the street (the ones who always are on the corner who have pictures of aborted fetuses and tell you the world's ending next week...) They kept yelling about how she's an "abomination of God", which would just make her shake her butt in their direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 08:59 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Maybe it took a couple of minutes for somebody to get her out of the street because nobody wanted to dodge traffic or risk chasing her in front of a faster-moving vehicle?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:19 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
This often doesn't hold up in court and certainly will not stop a person from suing you. If you want to put your hands on a person whose mental state is already warped enough to where they dance half naked in the middle of the street then more power to you.
Several elements would have to be present for a lawsuit and would have to bear proof of the touching as harmful or offensive in nature as well as the touching would have to be committed without justification or excuse.It all depends on the circumstances of that particular situation.

I have never heard of a bystander who grabbed a bridge jumper before they jumped getting sued for his/her rescue effort.

But if JavaJive is correct in his/her assessment ^ and the woman put on that show for the sole purpose of antagonizing those psycho-Christian zealots, well then I have to LMAO!!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 07:28 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Maybe it took a couple of minutes for somebody to get her out of the street because nobody wanted to dodge traffic or risk chasing her in front of a faster-moving vehicle?
Or maybe they were just waiting to see if this was simply the start of yet another flash mob.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:49 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,702,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
And so what difference does it make if its psychiatric or if she is under the influence and thus a substance abuse issue, makes it justifiable to mock her?

I didn't see anyone mocking anyone? I see a number of people standing, watching, and laughing at a scene that you don't see every day.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:49 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
It's unbelievable how uptight people are
^^^ I'm with you.

Do people laugh these days or does everything have to be a carefully researched, thought out, debated mess? Laugh, move on.

Everyone's sense of humor is different, but my goodness, life has to suck being wound so tight. Glad I'm not like that!

Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
^^^ I'm with you.

Do people laugh these days or does everything have to be a carefully researched, thought out, debated mess? Laugh, move on.

Everyone's sense of humor is different, but my goodness, life has to suck being wound so tight. Glad I'm not like that!
It seems like there are a lot of people in Pittsburgh who are hellbent on being politically correct to the maximum.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Or maybe they were just waiting to see if this was simply the start of yet another flash mob.
They're happening all the time here now, which is why I trashed my own plans to start one. I do agree that they're getting to be "played out", at least in Pittsburgh. There was one recently during PrideFest, too, in addition to the man who proposed marriage with a flash mob in Market Square.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:56 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
It seems like there are a lot of people in Pittsburgh who are hellbent on being politically correct to the maximum.
I guess so! My question is, do those people go Downtown, ever? I'm so immune to preceivably "crazy" people Downtown, I don't even flinch at things like this! You never know what type of folks you're going to see Downtown!

Old 06-16-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
You never know what type of folks you're going to see Downtown!
Or on CraigsList for that matter!

Pizza Professor requires domicile (http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/sha/2360695929.html - broken link)

Athlete seeks low cost housing (http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/hou/2441709093.html - broken link)

Pittsburgh certainly is a very "weird" city, so I doubt I would have even been fazed by seeing a half-nude woman dancing in the middle of an intersection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: