Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 06:47 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times

Advertisements

I was shocked when my dealer, Ascot Motors went under. I have no idea where to replace my car and I am getting due for a new one. Where does one go? Dublin, OH? Goodness, I can't drive to Dublin for an oil change. Is there not a Rolls dealer in our region anymore?

I have concern for our region.

Anyone have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,032,431 times
You drive a Rolls-Royce? That's awesome! Is it reliable? I have always wanted one.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:11 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,084,675 times
Sewickley has one

Old 08-03-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
Sewickley has one
No that is where Ascot was and it is no longer there. It has been there for decades and is now gone! That being said, you cannot buy a Rolls in the entire state of PA. You have to go to Dublin, OH, which is right next to Columbus. It is hard to believe. Another interesting fact, Ferrari also has NO dealers in our region. You have to go to Dublin, OH as well.

There was a time we had both. Seems the real money has moved out.

Last edited by gg; 08-03-2011 at 08:40 PM..

Old 08-03-2011, 07:26 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,495,989 times
Ascot Imported Cars, Sewickley's fixture in the luxury car market, succumbs to time

I remember when it happened and thinking the same thing. It's kind of sad that a region of our size doesn't have offerings of luxury vehicles outside of the basics (Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Lexus, Porsche, Land Rover).

There is a Bentley dealership on West Liberty Ave, but aside from that... No official Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Maserati, Maybach, etc. dealerships. I find it surprising that an area like Columbus (Dublin) can maintain all these dealerships.

Locally, for maintenance, try EXOTICARS by R.E. Jahn in Wexford.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepgh2op View Post
Ascot Imported Cars, Sewickley's fixture in the luxury car market, succumbs to time

I remember when it happened and thinking the same thing. It's kind of sad that a region of our size doesn't have offerings of luxury vehicles outside of the basics (Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Lexus, Porsche, Land Rover).

There is a Bentley dealership on West Liberty Ave, but aside from that... No official Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Maserati, Maybach, etc. dealerships. I find it surprising that an area like Columbus (Dublin) can maintain all these dealerships.

Locally, for maintenance, try EXOTICARS by R.E. Jahn in Wexford.
Thank you for the straight answers with no silliness. Funny thing, I know Bill. lol I had a drink with him at the Duquesne Club a couple months ago. Great guy!

Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I was shocked when my dealer, Ascot Motors went under. I have no idea where to replace my car and I am getting due for a new one. Where does one go? Dublin, OH? Goodness, I can't drive to Dublin for an oil change. Is there not a Rolls dealer in our region anymore?

I have concern for our region.

Anyone have any ideas?
Please tell me your kidding when you say you have "concern for our region" because you don't have a Rolls Royce dealership nearby.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Please tell me your kidding when you say you have "concern for our region" because you don't have a Rolls Royce dealership nearby.
Um, no I am not kidding. We had a Rolls dealership. Now we can't support it. Don't you think there should be concern? We have to go all the way to Dublin, OH now. It is pretty sad.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,032,431 times
Well, just because the Rolls-Royce isn't popular enough in this region to support a dealership, does not mean there aren't people here who could afford one. I suspect these cars are just out of fashion, or perhaps the people who have money here are more sensible about how they spend it. A new Rolls isn't exactly a great investment, considering how they depreciate.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,202,537 times
They're notoriously bad for tailgating down at Heinz Field. What more needs to be said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh