Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 05:06 PM

659 posts, read 1,145,599 times

Advertisements

Good post Kippy!

Old 12-02-2011, 05:12 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
Every incident I had was with a woman too...hate to say it, being one, but we are awful, esp to each other! I have found men to be much more civil, overall.
Yes. Why do women dislike each other? Is it because there are too many women around and they get sick of each other?

Oh, the idiot behavior happens in the Midwest, too. EVERYwhere, of course. That's why it pays to shop early, and definitely not on the first and third of the month when people get their pensions, SS, etc. Too crowded ...

Old 12-02-2011, 06:33 PM

Wow, I never thought about check day! I think I need to not shop at that time! Thanks! For the reminder!

Old 12-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Welcome
Also, avoid banks & credit unions on "check" days

Old 12-02-2011, 06:45 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Like someone else said, some people are heartless and flat out sociopathic. Sure, giving someone a piece of your mind might make you feel better, but it is likely to have little impact on the person's behavior, at least long-term. However, in a worse case scenario, it could cost you your life.

I remember reading a story not so long ago about a guy who got shot, I believe fatally, in front of his wife and young son in a parking lot. What caused another human being to shoot him dead in front of his family? Well, he chastized another motorist about his failure to use his turn signal.
That is very sad. Im not sure if that happened around here, but there is a strong sense of "I can do something stupid in public and wont face any conssquences"........good example.....about a year ago, a county worker was shout outside of the county emergency building in Point Breeze.........all sorts of outrage over that, because the guy is paralized. But of course, no one focussed on the fact that the shooter was originally minding his own busines, when the victim hit the shooters car and instead of stopping, took off.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:01 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,880,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Ok. So, maybe I will set up cameras in the neighborhood and watch the footage once a week to determine lesser used routes to apease people like you.
For future reference, streets such as Forbes, Fifth, Walnut, Butler, Carson, Murray are such streets to avoid if you dont want to tick people off when choosing routes to run on....that leaves thousands of other streets to choose that doesnt involves people constantly needing to step aside so that you can be seen out running. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:04 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,888,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
For future reference, streets such as Forbes, Fifth, Walnut, Butler, Carson, Murray are such streets to avoid if you dont want to tick people off when choosing routes to run on....that leaves thousands of other streets to choose that doesnt involves people constantly needing to step aside so that you can be seen out running. Thanks.
God. It really is "all about" some people, isn't it?

Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
People are heartless dude.

To put it in perspective, in 2001 my cousin was shot and killed execution style at a 711 she worked at out of state for $38 bucks in the register.. After all the pain and grief it caused my family, the savage wasn't even apologetic. So in case anyone ever wonders why I post about how I have such little faith in most people, there you go.

Bolded: my sentiments.
Sorry for your loss.
Did the savage serve time?

Old 12-02-2011, 07:18 PM

Gosh, carl I am sorry to hear that...I believe people can be born psychopathic and these people can't be helped, like sexual predators they have no conscience or soul...they are simply evil. Anyone who could take another's life, exceptions those who are defending their own, are naracisstic and will never change or really ever be sorry, its mind numbing that anyone could hurt or kill another and then have no remorse...everyday there are thugs who shoot, steal, main others and then go out to dinner on their victims credit cards, because well they feel its owed to them, they feel entitled to someone isles stuff...parasites is what they are.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:21 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,648,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Did you perhaps miss the bit about the two coming towards him also running?

Seriously, I don't generally agree with all of Scott's rants, but on this one I can't see where he's in the wrong. This isn't Walnut, Butler, Carson, Murray. Stick to what we actually know. We're not talking shoppers in Oakland or Squirrel Hill not getting out of the way but instead two other runners closing toward him side by side. At 30 feet it running head on towards each other would be just a few seconds before meeting. While running one may have to weave around walkers, slower runners, etc, but two runners taking up the width of the sidewalk when someone is coming toward from the opposite direction (not from behind them) are wrong, period.

Forbes in points west and east of Squirrel Hill, and Fifth east of about Craig or so, are quite different than those other streets or other parts of Forbes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh