Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,306,789 times

Advertisements

hahaha me too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Sweet! I just won ten bucks!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:41 AM

Sue me for what exactly? I didn't do anything?

WOW...you guys are something else for sure..."bullies" comes to mind!
"I took matters in my own hands?" what "matters" exactly? because I called to find out some information? that's priceless

"Your honor my tenant called the electric company, (which they pay their bill to every month) and asked if the wires in front of the house they rent belonged to them"! YEAH...I can see the judge throwing me in jail for that!

Anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
The landlord can and probably will sue your ass because you took matters into YOUR own hands without you tellinig them.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Sue me for what exactly? I didn't do anything?

Quote:
2. I had no intention to ask the "landlord" for anything!? so why discuss something that did not concern the "landlord"? My landlord is NOT Duquesne.

I wasn't going to "ask" the landlord to remove it, since Duquesne said that neither one of us should touch them! (My guess is that the rep from Duquesne who told me that, was not aware that if the lines are not electric it is the owner's responsibility to remove them, which I found out today) and EVEN with that, I was STILL not going to ASK the landlord for anything. But as a citizen of this country, I am indeed allowed to ask questions about "policies" of the new city we now live in full time.
You sound very belligerent in saying that you won't get the landlord involved. If you are THAT concerned, you need to bring this to your landlord. You can get sued by the landlord that if you call Duquesne Light and they come out there and cut branchwes without his knowledge, they can point teh finger at you.

Quote:
WOW...you guys are something else for sure..."bullies" comes to mind!.
If you read what and listen to what we are trying to tell you, you may realize that you sound very silly. You make posts that make no sense. We are trying to help you and you are jumping down our throats.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
I called Duquesne to ask WHO is going to cut those branches.

I can call Duquesne and ask them any question I want, WE pay the electric bill. FROM THAT to "telling the landlord" is a bit of an extended road, especially when I had no intention to ask the LL to do something about it. I was shocked to learn of the "sometimes this year" spill, considering that on my street back in Europe the city/electric co/phone co wouldn't let anyone touch their wires, let alone allow the "homeowner" to hire tree companies!
Now it's Europe? What happened to Florida? LOL Your stories don't make sense.

Quote:
This is the first time we live in a city where this is no concern to the wire owners. (in this case the phone company).
That's why you're not in Kansas anymore.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
No, YOU don't get it...sorry...I am VERY much aware that the physical act of cutting anything on this property has to be done by its owner! "I" originally wanted to know who these wires belong too, and who should physically cut those branches. Nothing more. Now, not only have we beat a dead horse, but we continue to kill it over and over again, and frankly I can't tell why? my original question has been answered a few pages ago!
I'll bet Duquesne isn't going to cut those branches later this year or any year.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM

Yeah, why bother the landlord when my question was directed at the electric company?

My landlord is not the electric company.

I wasn't going to ask the landlord to cut the tree either...ALL I wanted to know was why this electric company was not more concerned. I NOW KNOW WHY.

IF I wanted the landlord involved, I would have involved the landlord. I didn't need my hand held while I called Duquesne, and asked them 1 very simple question for my OWN information.

Guess what, I can call the electric company in Ohio if I need to find out some information. Hell, I called the electric company several times when we still lived in FL because I had other questions.

But What you're saying is that if there's a gas leak (let's assume - HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING), you're telling me that instead of calling the gas company, and have them come ASAP and see what's going on, since we have small kids and don't feel like blowing up, and suffocate in gas smell, that we should call the landlord to get it fixed? so if it's 10pm and we smell gas, we should immediately wake the landlord, and have the landlord come over only so WE can call the gas company (since the account is in our names)? right?

In 2008 we rented a house in FL that had a gas heater, one night we came home and it stunk of gas like you wouldn't believe, you couldn't be inside, we had to keep the windows and doors open for over 6 hours to get that smell out (my then landlord lived in Maine), we immediately called the gas company, which came within 30 minutes and fixed the problem. Our landlord was RELIEVED! & thanked us profusely. What were we supposed to do? get the guy in a plane asap, in the mean time we would have done what? booked a hotel room? slept on the sidewalk? blow up? please do tell....

I am not being "belligerent", I am sick and tired of having to defend myself for asking Duquesne a SIMPLE QUESTION! & I am honestly astounded by the way this thread has been hacked!

This is not our first time renting! our last landlord lowered our rent just so we don't move because we treated his house so well, and he knew he would have a hard time finding tenants like us again.

OVER! This has gone beyond common sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
You sound very belligerent in saying that you won't get the landlord involved. If you are THAT concerned, you need to bring this to your landlord. You can get sued by the landlord that if you call Duquesne Light and they come out there and cut branchwes without his knowledge, they can point teh finger at you.

If you read what and listen to what we are trying to tell you, you may realize that you sound very silly. You make posts that make no sense. We are trying to help you and you are jumping down our throats.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:41 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,827 times
Quote:
Yeah, why bother the landlord when my question was directed at the electric company?

I wasn't going to ask the landlord to cut the tree either...ALL I wanted to know was why this electric company was not more concerned. I NOW KNOW WHY.

IF I wanted the landlord involved, I would have involved the landlord. I didn't need my hand held while I called Duquesne, and asked them 1 very simple question for my OWN information.

Guess what, I can call the electric company in Ohio if I need to find out some information. Hell, I called the electric company several times when we still lived in FL because I had other questions.

But What you're saying is that if there's a gas leak (let's assume - HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING), you're telling me that instead of calling the gas company, and have them come ASAP and see what's going on, since we have small kids and don't feel like blowing up, and suffocate in gas smell, that we should call the landlord to get it fixed? so if it's 10pm and we smell gas, we should immediately wake the landlord, and have the landlord come over only so WE can call the gas company (since the account is in our names)? right?

In 2008 we rented a house in FL that had a gas heater, one night we came home and it stunk of gas like you wouldn't believe, you couldn't be inside, we had to keep the windows and doors open for over 6 hours to get that smell out (my then landlord lived in Maine), we immediately called the gas company, which came within 30 minutes and fixed the problem. Our landlord was RELIEVED! & thanked us profusely. What were we supposed to do? get the guy in a plane asap, in the mean time we would have done what? booked a hotel room? slept on the sidewalk? blow up? please do tell....

I am not being "belligerent", I am sick and tired of having to defend myself for asking Duquesne a SIMPLE QUESTION! & I am honestly astounded by the way this thread has been hacked!

This is not our first time renting! our last landlord lowered our rent just so we don't move because we treated his house so well, and he knew he would have a hard time finding tenants like us again.

One last time, YOU HAVE TO INVOLVE THE LANDLORD. IT IS HIS TREE. HIS PROPERTY. YOU CANNOT CALL THE ELECTRIC COMPAANY ON YOUR OWN AND ASK ABOUT ISUES LIKE THAT. THAT IS THE LANDLORD'S RESPIONSIBLITY.

If anyone is to blame for hacking this thread, it's you. PERIOD!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:42 PM

674 posts, read 1,413,262 times
Quote:
This is my LAST reply on this thread. Please read behind a few pages! Seriously, read backwards, or read from the top, whatever works, NOWHERE have I said "we" were cutting anything! OMG give it up!
Quote:
What details? that was IT!
Quote:

Your posts shows your own lack of common sense. A gas leak is an immediate danger and an emergency. An overgrown tree potentially encroaching on utility lines is not.

Your posts are repeatedly belligerent and rude when people don't respond exactly as you see fit. Considering that there are numerous people having the same problem with your posts- perhaps it is you and not them?

And please, for the love of all that is holy, learn the definition of "hacked." This is at least the third time today you have used the term hack or hacked to describe a thread of yours that did not go as you pleased. Your use of the word hacked doesn't make sense. Perhaps you mean hijacked, but even then, you don't control the message boards.

If you are not open to other people's viewpoints, questions, opinions and thoughts, then you should not be posting on a public message board.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 PM

There is nothing in the lease agreement about which questions are appropriate for a tenant to ask his/her own electric company.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM

674 posts, read 1,413,262 times
Quote:
There is nothing in the lease agreement about which questions are appropriate for a tenant to ask his/her own electric company.
You're not asking questions about electric service to your home. You're asking about cutting a tree that does not belong to you. Your lease likely restricts any alterations you could make to the home. This would qualify as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh