Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:11 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I can never fathom why people who work in the city choose to live out there in the first place.
I agree. I work in Cranberry and text my wife yesterday regarding the terrible traffic back ups coming in to Cranberry and Wexford when I'm leaving at 6:30pm. We both agreed we would never live that distance away from the city. We have friends that live near Jeanette in Westmoreland County and they both work in the city. There is no way we would ever do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM

423 posts, read 629,215 times
They starting repaving Murray Avenue in Squirrel Hill last night in preparation for using it as a detour.

Is Pittsburgh the worst place you've ever been for constant road construction? I'm only half-facetious with that, because not a day or a beautiful weekend goes by where we aren't stuck in traffic while six guys watch a seventh digging a hole. Is it because the roads and highways were poorly constructed to begin with? Or that the fixes are shoddy and need to be redone each year?

So not only the Squirrel Hill Tunnels (and the upcoming congestion in Squirrel Hill), but also Fort Pitt and Fort Duquense bridges: Ramp project on Fort Pitt, Ft. Duquesne bridges starts

. . . plus 28, plus in front of Mellon Arena, plus near Warrendale, "Summer driving into and out of Downtown area will be challenge", says the P-G . . . but it's that way every year.

Sorry for being irrational, it just makes me crazy. And the lack of viable public transportation and mass transit makes it all the worse.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 AM

632 posts, read 1,071,258 times
For reasons like this I'm happy I live in the city and commute out...

Old 04-18-2012, 08:05 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrtrggr13 View Post
For reasons like this I'm happy I live in the city and commute out...
I say that on a daily basis.

So far, we haven't been affected by the Squirrel Hill tie ups. I have to work Saturday mornings, and I just go down Penn to 5th and get on the Blvd of Allies that way to avoid any back ups on Forbes going in to Squirrel Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh