Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,803,633 times

Advertisements

I moved to this area about 7 years ago, and am still learning about it, and what I learn I love to share.
Lots of great things to see and do in this area. I live in Ellwood City, and am finding more about the area than my husband, who is from Beaver Valley. Lots of museums, from the Air Heritage Museum at the Beaver County Airport
History - Air Heritage Inc.

To the Rail Train Museum in Harlansburg. Harlansburg Station - About Us

Harmony Museum in historic Harmony, Pa

Old Economy Village

The Horse Trading Days in Zelienople Horse Trading Days

and nearby historic Harmony in Butler County German Christmas Festival
Harmony Museum - Historic Harmony German Christmas Market - Weihnachtsmarkt (http://www.harmonymuseum.org/germanchristmasmarket.html - broken link)

McConnells Mill State Park PA*DCNR*-*McConnells Mill State Park

Hiking, fishing, boating, festivals, picnicking, and swimming at Moraine State Park PA*DCNR*-*Moraine State Park

Beaver Pa, great nice walkable town, nice shoppes, and town center square park with a gazebo, and lots of local history Borough of Beaver

Buttermilk Falls, just a quick short scenic stop, outside of Beaver Falls:
Buttermilk Falls

The Amish countryside in Volant and New Wilmington areas, with the shoppes, winery, and nearby is the Grove City Shoppes

Amish Countryside > Local Attractions in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania - Tourism Promotion Agency

blessings, Shen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 10:38 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
I moved to this area about 7 years ago, and am still learning about it, and what I learn I love to share.
Lots of great things to see and do in this area. I live in Ellwood City, and am finding more about the area than my husband, who is from Beaver Valley. Lots of museums, from the Air Heritage Museum at the Beaver County Airport
History - Air Heritage Inc.

To the Rail Train Museum in Harlansburg. Harlansburg Station - About Us

Harmony Museum in historic Harmony, Pa

Old Economy Village

The Horse Trading Days in Zelienople Horse Trading Days

and nearby historic Harmony in Butler County German Christmas Festival
Harmony Museum - Historic Harmony German Christmas Market - Weihnachtsmarkt (http://www.harmonymuseum.org/germanchristmasmarket.html - broken link)

McConnells Mill State Park PA*DCNR*-*McConnells Mill State Park

Hiking, fishing, boating, festivals, picnicking, and swimming at Moraine State Park PA*DCNR*-*Moraine State Park

Beaver Pa, great nice walkable town, nice shoppes, and town center square park with a gazebo, and lots of local history Borough of Beaver

Buttermilk Falls, just a quick short scenic stop, outside of Beaver Falls:
Buttermilk Falls

The Amish countryside in Volant and New Wilmington areas, with the shoppes, winery, and nearby is the Grove City Shoppes

Amish Countryside > Local Attractions in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania - Tourism Promotion Agency

blessings, Shen
My wife and I love Volant. You mentioned the Train museum, here's another great find The Western Pennsylvania Model Railroad Museum

I've loved model trains since my childhood, and this place is a dream. The upstairs is a wonderfully constructed model from Cumberland MD to Pittsburgh

Old 04-14-2012, 10:46 AM

264 posts, read 492,261 times
There's also Pymatuning State Park which can't be much more than an hour north of Ellwood City. Spillway, deer park, fish hatchery, beaches, and not that far from Conneaut and Meadville, which each have a few points of interest as well. Always loved the long straight roads up that way, especially on the Ohio side.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 AM

423 posts, read 628,838 times
Great list! I'm gonna have to add these to a weekend to-do list.

I also want to visit the Asian art museum in Butler county one of these days, about 25 miles east of Ellwood City:

the Maridon Museum

Old 04-14-2012, 11:35 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
One of the greatest things about living in our area, and the reason I moved here, is the city and county park system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh