Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepgh2op View Post
I remember a few people in this thread mentioned wanting a COSI in the area. I saw this article this morning ( Plans Move Forward for New Mattress Store, Shopping Center Renovation in Ross - Business - North Hills, PA Patch ) that mentions a "Panera-like drive thru restaurant" coming to the McKnight stretch.

And then this article from 2008 ( Cosi bistro chain searching for Pittsburgh locations - Pittsburgh Business Times ) that says that COSI was scouting locations in the city and in the North Hills for their restaurants.

Could it be our first COSI?
When I was working in Alexandria, VA, I used to do Cosi at least once a week. I found the sandwiches/salads interesting, freshy, tasty for the most part. But when working in Stamford, CT, I found the Cosi there to be bland, not worth it, except for the free internet (kinda how I feel about Panera).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 01:29 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,901 times
carl's jr....

Old 07-03-2013, 02:18 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,065 times
If Cosi is something Panera-like, do we really need another mediocre place like that? Tons of great independent restaurants opening all the time around the city with much better food than these chains offer.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:38 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
When I was working in Alexandria, VA, I used to do Cosi at least once a week. I found the sandwiches/salads interesting, freshy, tasty for the most part. But when working in Stamford, CT, I found the Cosi there to be bland, not worth it, except for the free internet (kinda how I feel about Panera).
I worked right across from the Cosi @ Metro Center (DC) - and ate there once, I'd gone over a couple times but wasn't impressed, this time I was time crunched and only got a cup of fruit - I have no idea why so many like them. As for Panera, they are okay every once in a while (I like the Asian chicken salad sandwich, can't remember the exact name). If I were to never see one again, I wouldn't miss them - imo, if Pgh. doesn't get one, no great loss.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:48 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,496,883 times
Yeah, I've never been to a COSI to compare. But I feel the same way about Panera. Bland and can be pricey for more than one person.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 PM

510 posts, read 905,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepgh2op View Post
I remember a few people in this thread mentioned wanting a COSI in the area. I saw this article this morning ( Plans Move Forward for New Mattress Store, Shopping Center Renovation in Ross - Business - North Hills, PA Patch ) that mentions a "Panera-like drive thru restaurant" coming to the McKnight stretch.

And then this article from 2008 ( Cosi bistro chain searching for Pittsburgh locations - Pittsburgh Business Times ) that says that COSI was scouting locations in the city and in the North Hills for their restaurants.

Could it be our first COSI?
Interesting. I think Cosi are in a lot of financial trouble so I cannot see this happening. I used to go there a lot when I lived in Phialdelphia. I don't think they are anything like Panera. Great breakfast sandwiches, salads, and s'mores! Most of the locations in Philly are bars in the evening.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 AM

well based on the food thread, id say some true mexican tacos/burritos/food

nothing beats californias mexican joints maybe texas.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
well based on the food thread, id say some true mexican tacos/burritos/food

nothing beats californias mexican joints maybe texas.
There are true tacos/burriots places, including Cal-Mex and Tex-Mex along with actual Mexican. And more seem to be popping up every month or two.

Even in Cal/Texas, you don't get decent tacos/burritos at chains, which is what this thread is about.

Oh, and actual Mexican joints beat both Californian and Texan joints :-)

Old 07-04-2013, 07:03 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Pret A Manger

Old 07-04-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
There are true tacos/burriots places, including Cal-Mex and Tex-Mex along with actual Mexican. And more seem to be popping up every month or two.

Even in Cal/Texas, you don't get decent tacos/burritos at chains, which is what this thread is about.

Oh, and actual Mexican joints beat both Californian and Texan joints :-)

i miss my cali burrito from a local place in SD. i dont think folks understand the pure worthiness of a cali burrito.

sadly it isnt known outside of SD, but id give any future children away for an order of two of them right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh