Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

I was just driving down Negley Run and I saw a police motorcycle behind me, so I started to slow down to pull over, but this guy stormed up there and waved me ahead like it was the end of the world. I moved along as best I could on that very bumpy pothole road and got down to the red light on Washington Blvd to make a left and the light was red, but he moved me along through that. Then I was driving the speed limit and he rushed up to me AGAIN and motioned to me to move it faster. I didn't comply because I was going fast enough. Oh, I had a Christmas Tree on the top of my car. Then I was in traffic going up to the Highland Park Bridge and he was on my tail seemingly wanting me to go around the bend to get onto the Highland Park Bridge and have the tree fly off the side of my car! I drove the speed I wanted to. Oh, did I mention this was FUNERAL? Anyway, he was all over me going across the bridge and finally I went north and he proceeded south on 28. Talk about a stressful mess for no reason! It goes to show you, speeding is not only accepted, but encouraged, even by the police I guess. I called the police station, but go the runaround and am just going to forget it. I don't think someone like that should head up a funeral procession. There is no need to be all crazy like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,375 times
Maybe it was one of those infamous cases where the deceased is late for his own funeral and the procession was trying to make up for lost time.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,005 times
Even If I didn't have a Christmas tree on my car, I would NOT want to be rushed through the gauntlet of potholes and ruts on Negley Run Blvd. I guess if you're driving a vehicle owned by local gov't then you don't much care if you break an axle or something else mighty expensive.

I hate when people want to ride up on me like Tazmanian Devils when I am trying to go gingerly over bad pavement.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:34 PM

In hindsight, I maybe should have pulled over, even though this nutcase cop was going crazy. I have never seen a cop act like this guy and I have been around tons of them. Who cares if a funeral has to slow down or even stop? Also all those roads were 4 lanes for goodness sake. If you are in that big of a hurry, just pass me you idiot! He was no doubt a rookie and it was his first time doing that. They really should train them though.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,008,525 times
Where I come from, it's standard to pull over for a funeral procession to pass. Not an official law or anything, but it's a culturally followed practice. Though at the same time, it's also a culturally followed practice that a funeral procession drives slowly, generally slower than the speed limit, and I've never seen a cop leading one.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowmint View Post
Where I come from, it's standard to pull over for a funeral procession to pass. Not an official law or anything, but it's a culturally followed practice. Though at the same time, it's also a culturally followed practice that a funeral procession drives slowly, generally slower than the speed limit, and I've never seen a cop leading one.
I wanted to pull over, but this rookie cop went crazy when I was slowing down. I wish I could have filmed this. It may have won an award on Youtube and maybe I would have been on some talk shows. I don't think most people could believe what they were watching. I posted this in hopes someone saw this stuff going on, but I know it was a long shot. I am no stranger to funerals. This was about as unprofessional as it gets. Really a joke. A cop like that has no business being in a position of power. It is unsettling there are guys like that on the force to be honest. About ever cop I know is VERY professional and would never act like that. Not sure where this guy came from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh