Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:56 PM

7 posts, read 11,641 times

Advertisements

cental florida is getting as bad as it is in ft lauderdale, we are going up there 10/29 i have some interviews up in the Pit area even though there are alot of negatives posted on this site i am still looking foward to a change for the better which it will be due to the homeowners insurance alone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 PM

as for the resturanst in pit anyplace there is a morton's it is good for me

Old 10-18-2007, 08:22 PM

101 posts, read 311,765 times
I was in Orlando and that was too much in itself. Crime there is something else and very down-played for the tourism industry. Reading some of the posts here.. I think to myself either 1. these people over exaggerate the stuff in Pitt or 2. the just have crap for luck I don't see how it can be worse crime wise than Orlando. I'm in the Melbourne area now and there is no growth here, costs go up but no jobs. I can drive to Orlando to work or West Palm. Screw that! By the time I pay the crazy childcare costs here and gas to drive that far whats the point?? As for resturaunts If they got a Cracker Barrel and Boston Market I'm good!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:27 PM

my wife and myself will be there the same time and the schools are better up there then down here we have a 5 year old starting kindergarden next year

Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM

My kids currently walk 1.9 miles on a busy road with no sidewalks thanks to our fab state here in FL... I say its gotta get better!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 PM

it is to crazy here we are in an very upper area coral springs and when you go to the mall there is nobody speaking english it is either haitian or spanish we have to go to boca to get away form this. we were going to put our daughter into a pre school and the only opening they had was for a spanish class that the teachers only speak spanish this might be good for a child to learn a second language but it is getting out of hand, my sister in law lives in orlando area and i feel it is not that nice if you do not live in the upper white class areas and the violent crime rate is increasing more there then most in the nation

Old 10-18-2007, 08:55 PM

me no habla espanola and it make life hard here lol!! I have a strong southern accent and if I even try the spanish its funny. We are overtaken by Jamacians and Puerto Ricans here and I am NOT racist at all, BUT they feel they don't need English and I can't even order a BIg Mac because they don't understand.. ugh its time to move on! When I lived in Orlando Halloween was bad! We were the evil white people because we celebrated it 70% of our subdivision was latino and I guess they don't do Halloween. It was sad cause I see it as a kids holiday they get to be creative and dress up and get free candy.. aside from the scary part what about the kids ya know. growing up in WV sheltered me from any other culture but what they had there and it was all the same with everybody. At least my kiddos will be well rounded and know how to survive in a city.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 PM

it is time to leave if you want we are looking to go to downtown pittsburgh

Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
People are moving out of Florida like mad. You guys aren't the only ones, trust me. I lived in Tampa/St. Pete this past summer for about 4 months and I wouldn't do it again, let's put it that way.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:09 PM

FL's economy is failing the lack of taxes etc will not be here soon.. I have a strong strong feeling on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh