Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 01:24 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I think the city has decided that Larimer will be the dumping ground for people gentrified out of East Liberty. I know people in this very forum have suggested this.
I view the two places as one. They are neighboring and super flat, therefore, if crime happens a lot in Larimer, it will be happening in East Liberty. They are too close to each other. I don't really know the outcome of it all of course. No one does. East Liberty is better than it was 20 years ago, but I don't feel it will be back to a super nice place in my lifetime. Too much government interference, with all that subsidized housing and this very odd title they give places as "mixed income housing". Sorry, but NO ONE that has means will live with a bunch of section 8 folks. What will be mixed about it? Super poor 100% living off taxpayers and those that are 80% living off taxpayers? Is that the mix?

Anyway, I always thought Larimer could be a cool place. I think it has huge potential and is in an awesome location. Sadly it is overrun and places are just falling down left and right. Oh, what it could have been and I still had hopes, but the government is just killing the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 01:26 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Sorry, but NO ONE that has means will live with a bunch of section 8 folks. What will be mixed about it? Super poor 100% living off taxpayers and those that are 80% living off taxpayers? Is that the mix?
There are affluent whites living in and around Crawford Square, in the Lower Hill District, and that's a "mixed-income" neighborhood. I hope this project in Larimer will enjoy similar success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh