Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 01:35 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Hopes, Sweetie, you need to get out more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You're the one who needs to get out more, Honey.
You two DO fight like a married couple!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 01:35 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
I'm in Greenfield very often. I have quite a few friends who live throughout Greenfield.

There's poverty there. You're the one who needs to get out more, Honey.
Sorry, I've been doing business there since 1977, know the local magistrate and his family, the area is being upgraded like crazy due to Russian immigrants that can't afford SH. That area never went down, but now it is definitely on the upswing.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
Quote:
There's poverty there. You're the one who needs to get out more, Honey.
Yes. It's certainly not a high concentration of poverty by the standards of the city, but it is very obviously much poorer than Squirrel Hill except for the areas right by Squirrel Hill. But mostly it's old people who look working class, Snook'ums. (Am I doing endearment thing right?)

Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Drop your wife off at the base of one of those hilly streets in Greenfield that shoot up from Murray Ave (the Blue Sign will probably say Squirrel Hill at the top). I'm talking about Welfer or Kennebec or Mirror. You drive to the top of the hill to meet her. Ask her how she liked climbing up it when she meets you up top. That's what it's like getting around on foot in Greenfield.

Mind you, I'm not saying don't live there. But get her a car for God's sake.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:42 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Drop your wife off at the base of one of those hilly streets in Greenfield that shoot up from Murray Ave (the Blue Sign will probably say Squirrel Hill at the top). I'm talking about Welfer or Kennebec or Mirror.
Only one of those streets actually hits Murray. But those are mostly nice streets. Lilac is a little nicer, as is Windsor, which is what Mirror and Kennebec hit. It only takes a year or so to get used to the climb.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:44 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And there isn't poverty on the less-developed North Side (as per the OP)?
I didn't say North Side doesn't have poverty. Reread my post. I said they both have poverty but North Side also has wealth. Greenfield doesn't have a similar level of wealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Greenfield's no Shadyside, but it's certainly in the same category as Brookline or Brighton Heights.
I gave my opinion. I like North Side better than Greenfield. I like its location being so close to downtown. I hate the hills in Greenfield and how it's disconnected. I think North Side has amazing potential and will be the next area to transform in a magnificent way.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:45 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:

I gave my opinion. I like North Side better than Greenfield. I like its location being so close to downtown. I hate the hills in Greenfield and how it's disconnected. I think North Side has amazing potential and will be the next area to transform in a magnificent way.
As long as you can afford a 200K house.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Sorry, I've been doing business there since 1977, know the local magistrate and his family, the area is being upgraded like crazy due to Russian immigrants that can't afford SH. That area never went down, but now it is definitely on the upswing.
I never said it went down. I'm saying I like North Side better.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,982,581 times
Class wise, Greenfield is going to be equivalent to or nicer than the "less developed" north side neighborhoods. Summer Hill might be the only one that is nicer, but it's completely residential.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
You two DO fight like a married couple!
It's a good thing we married our spouses then, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh