Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 PM

706 posts, read 1,049,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Jewish Delis or restaurants? Jewish musuem?

Smallman Street Deli in Squirrel Hill. There is also the original location on Smallman Street in The Strip, but is much smaller and the hours are more limited than the one on Murray Avenue in Squirrel Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 08:11 PM

706 posts, read 1,049,681 times
There is also the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern, aka the BBT. It promotes itself as "the only Polish Bar in Little Italy." FTR, the Bloomfield neighborhood is a few miles east of Downtown and is Pittsburgh's Little Italy. If you have a car, they 're located about three miles or so up Liberty Avenue From Downtown right next to the Bloomfield Bridge, hence the name. They have a few different types of peirogies, haluski, galumpki(sp?) czarnina and a few Polish beers. They are only open for dinner starting around 4pm. A few years ago, someone told me about a bar in Polish Hill that had pierogies, but it was not Gooski's. Maybe someone will know.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:22 PM

8,292 posts, read 23,131,534 times
I have always been jealous of PNC Park serving pierogi, I know there are Poles in Pittsburgh but Milwaukee has the 4th largest polish population and Wisconsin has the largest percentage of poles at 9.5% of the state. I don't know how good they are there but I sure wish we had them at Miller Park.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:08 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,889,515 times
Quote:
I have always been jealous of PNC Park serving pierogi, I know there are Poles in Pittsburgh but Milwaukee has the 4th largest polish population and Wisconsin has the largest percentage of poles at 9.5% of the state. I don't know how good they are there but I sure wish we had them at Miller Park.
The pulled pork & pierogie sandwich rocks

Old 10-23-2013, 05:34 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,593,228 times
Well you have heard all about the food but you want to do something besides eat for 4 days right? You have the Carnegie Science Center right there and if you have kids with you they will love that. Lots of habnds on stuf for them as well as the Omnimax theater and other interesting events there. Just a few mils away, in Oakland you have the Carnegie Museum of Natural History which is totally worth visiting. The dinosaur exhibit is pretty awesome. Also in Oakland is the Phipps Conservatory which is a huge greenhouse filled with amazing plants and flowers from all over the world. Then there is the National aviary and the Pittsburgh Zoo both within an easy drive and worth a visit. You can easily spend an entire day in any one of these places.

Lots to see and do in Pittsburgh. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,905,805 times
Quote:
Jewish musuem?
Across Darlington Road from the back entrance of the JCC in Squirrel Hill is Pittsburgh's Holocaust Center.

The Holocaust Center

Last edited by jay5835; 10-23-2013 at 05:57 PM..

Old 10-23-2013, 05:47 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,593,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Across Darlington Road from the back entrance of the JCC in Squirrel Hill is Pittsburgh's Holocaust Center.

The Holocaust Center

Yup. How could I forget to mention that one? I am friends with the director there.

Also Soldiers and Sailors Memorial is in that general area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh