Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 10:52 AM

1,010 posts, read 1,394,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
I wish we had Frank Jackson as our mayor.
If you want change then move.... That is the only way you are going to get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,827,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman63 View Post
If you want change then move.... That is the only way you are going to get it.
I tried to vote for change.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
It looks like we were all duped. It is a shame. This pick to lead the bldg dept is troubling. Whats next? Barney fife for police chief? And people ask questions about police procedures. Why are they not putting qualified people in here? This is public safety, not parks and recreation.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
I don't know how the East Enders got sucked into the Peduto cult of personality in the first place. It wasn't like he was some outsider coming in to clean things up but rather a career pittsburgh politician.

I'm in no way saying Wagner was a better choice but to think Peduto was going up be the 2nd coming was just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I don't know how the East Enders got sucked into the Peduto cult of personality in the first place. It wasn't like he was some outsider coming in to clean things up but rather a career pittsburgh politician.

I'm in no way saying Wagner was a better choice but to think Peduto was going up be the 2nd coming was just setting yourself up for disappointment.
I can't disagree with anything you said. I figured it would be different as he seemed to be off by himself and didn't garner support from the good old boys. Now it appears he said whatever he could to get elected. A lot of people bought into it. The only change i see is status quo to a possible collapse.

No way you can put people like this in chief positions and expect them to run city departments properly. Especially when it is not their background or what they were trained in. It is like hiring an airline pilot to be your fire chief. Buildings are part of this city's infrastructure. If they are not built nor maintained properly you are stuck with an expensive and dangerous turd to try and sell. The last thing this city needs is national press of building collapse where a few people are injured or killed.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:45 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,378 times
The amount of anger in this thread about a two month old mayor is ridiculous.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:53 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,146,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
two month old mayor
No, that was our last one.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:34 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
The amount of anger in this thread about a two month old mayor is ridiculous.
Agreed and it's mostly from one person. These are probably the same people who thought Obama was going to save the world within a month of him being President.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:44 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
Quote:
peduto is a lot like mayor nutter in Philly who campaigned on reform. people voted for a reformer to go in and cleanup, what they got was a career politician and policy wonk. from the perspective of true change he was a big disappointment. from the perspective of bringing basic competence and ethics to the job he has been a big win. Like Pittsburgh, Philly is a one party machine town and in retrospect it's probably a bit naive to have expected an insider to change everything. that doesn't mean peduto won't still bring a level of competence and integrity that is refreshing. it's a marathon not a sprint.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Jeez, give the guy some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh