Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 06:20 AM

632 posts, read 853,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Sad. This guy went after those people and shot one in the back. I just don't understand going to Pitt. It really isn't a good place to send your kids and this judgement tells it like it is. The HOOD rules that area and always will. No thanks, I think I will send my kid elsewhere. Too dangerous down there for college kids. Just wow!
Because, of course, NOTHING bad EVER happens in Happy Valley!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 06:25 AM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
so unsafe, i have to wear bulletproof vests to walk from fifth to forbes!. then i need to watch out for the color of tshirts i wear, or the crips or bloods might gun me down too.

make sure your kids wear all white curtis with a vest underneath it and theyll survive pitt and oakland. This oaklands turning into Oakland,CA now so run to the north or to the east.

lol curtis cracks me up. i like his trollish ways though, more so than zmans. i never feel unsafe in oakland, but around that time at night i have noticed less pitt police patroling forbes and fifth.

never been to the O and i dont still dont know why its famous and i didnt think the place was open at 3am? every time i have passed past midnight, it looked closed.
I thought he was a troll too, for a while. Then I realized he was more thought than I drunk he was.

And the O is somewhere you go once in a blue moon when it's late at night and you don't want to schlep to Ritter's. It's definitely open late. Their fare is horribly overpriced for the most part (and the strictly enforced ketchup to fries ratio rules are hilarious) but it sometimes fills a need, ya know?

A fish sticks dinner from the O helped me get through my first (near) all-nighter. I don't remember exactly why I got fish sticks. Just had to be different, I guess.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:33 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,585,203 times
The O is a lot safer if you don't have a bunch of drunk friends with you using racist slurs and starting stuff with black women they don't know. But then, so is anywhere.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:36 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,879,034 times
Clearly the shooter is an animal that has no place in civil society. Thanks judge.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
so unsafe, i have to wear bulletproof vests to walk from fifth to forbes!. then i need to watch out for the color of tshirts i wear, or the crips or bloods might gun me down too.

make sure your kids wear all white curtis with a vest underneath it and theyll survive pitt and oakland. This oaklands turning into Oakland,CA now so run to the north or to the east.

lol curtis cracks me up. i like his trollish ways though, more so than zmans. i never feel unsafe in oakland, but around that time at night i have noticed less pitt police patroling forbes and fifth.

never been to the O and i dont still dont know why its famous and i didnt think the place was open at 3am? every time i have passed past midnight, it looked closed.
You haven't been here long enough to have a comment on the area. You shouldn't even post, you should only read. I read you giving advice to others about Pittsburgh and I have held my tongue. Don't expect the same consideration any longer. It is also laughable, when you say, "I have never been to the O". What are you offering? NOTHING! Oh, I have been to the O countless times. Well over 100.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:05 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
The O is a lot safer if you don't have a bunch of drunk friends with you using racist slurs and starting stuff with black women they don't know. But then, so is anywhere.
Starting stuff? They walked out and jokingly said can you jitney me somewhere. That is enough to be shot by some thug that is "da hood", as he says himself?

There is plenty of violence at Pitt and the surrounding area.

Authorities identify gunman in deadly Pittsburgh campus clinic shooting | Fox News

I am sorry, but I don't get this verdict. I wasn't in the courtroom, so I just have to give the judge the benefit, but it seems odd.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:17 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,585,203 times
The OP said the guy got in an argument with a woman and used a racial slur. I am not saying this makes it right, and drunk people don't exercise good judgment in the first place, but in general you live a lot longer by not getting into arguments with women you don't know at 3:30 AM, not that the race component in Pittsburgh helped matters any, and the alcohol certainly didn't - give me a stoner any day.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:20 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
You failed to mention the racial slur and the harsmassment of the black woman in question.

The shooter was not a "THUG" He was an off duty security guard and was licenced to carry. The "THUG" had no prior record and this was probably a factor in the judges decision.

Alcohol was a factor as well. You cannot walk the streets intoxicated picking fights at random. Its very dangerous and this type of foolishness ended a young life. Its a sad situation.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:25 AM

632 posts, read 853,042 times
Guns, alcohol and testosterone are surely a deadly combination.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
The shooter was not a "THUG"
If you are walking around with a gun at 3:30AM and using it to shoot someone in the back as they are running for their lives, I feel the shooter is just another thug. I don't care if he has a job or not, he shot this guy in the back and that tells me he wasn't in danger because the guy kicking his butt was running away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh