Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 09:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
She would have been great in college. President of the Sorority, cheerleader, you name it. Just not president of the United States, thank you.
Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 10:16 AM

432 posts, read 360,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It seems the whole metro is discriminating against Thais: Finding Thai ingredients in the Pittsburgh area - Pennsylvania - Chowhound

Apparently you can buy them fresh on ebay.
Really, fresh Thais shipped to my door?!? 'Cause that might could save me a bundle on airfare to Bangkok!

Old 10-19-2014, 11:29 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,061,381 times
Default Port Authority - New Protocol for Driver / Passenger Relations

Man attempts to steal woman’s purse, gets a taste of instant karma | myfox8.com

This weekend on the 71A, at Craig and Centre , the bus driver yelled out "Come on now!". Apparently, a college aged couple was not hurried enough to board the bus, which was idle and waiting for them.

Then, they hugged goodbye before one of them was to board. The driver shut the door and pulled away, despite the woman insisting she was there and ready to get on....

Then, at the Giant Eagle on Centre, someone yelled "Hey, hold that bus a minute!" i guess for someone at the bus stop who wasn't ready to jump on.

The driver just pulled away.

Good for him on both accounts.....I don't advocate beating someone with a club, though, unless they atempt thievery. That is hysterical.....

Old 10-19-2014, 11:49 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,903,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

This weekend on the 71A, at Craig and Centre , the bus driver yelled out "Come on now!". Apparently, a college aged couple was not hurried enough to board the bus, which was idle and waiting for them.

Then, they hugged goodbye before one of them was to board. The driver shut the door and pulled away, despite the woman insisting she was there and ready to get on....

Then, at the Giant Eagle on Centre, someone yelled "Hey, hold that bus a minute!" i guess for someone at the bus stop who wasn't ready to jump on.

Good for him on both accounts.....I don't advocate beating someone with a club, though, unless they atempt thievery. That is hysterical.....
I'll bet it was the same driver who yelled at a little old lady and wouldn't pull out from Centre and Negley until she sat down (there were plenty of seats, including one up front).

Old 10-19-2014, 06:07 PM

were you on the 71A this morning? this bus driver was intense. i took another bus later in the day, the 58 Greenfield and that driver was just livid with a car parked on wood street that was blocking traffic.

in all seriousness, i really think its time to crack down on idiot drivers that park like morons, blocking sight lines, bus access, etc. the bus was late because of this awkwardly parked vehicle. the driver was talking about how anger management just wont work for her because people just get on her nerves.

I AM WITH HER ON THAT ONE.....

Old 10-19-2014, 08:08 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,903,655 times
Quote:
were you on the 71A this morning? this bus driver was intense. i took another bus later in the day, the 58 Greenfield and that driver was just livid with a car parked on wood street that was blocking traffic.

in all seriousness, i really think its time to crack down on idiot drivers that park like morons, blocking sight lines, bus access, etc. the bus was late because of this awkwardly parked vehicle. the driver was talking about how anger management just wont work for her because people just get on her nerves.

I AM WITH HER ON THAT ONE.....
I would not be surprised if she sometimes drives the 64 bus. There's a driver on that bus who's just a character. One day she got into a great big shriek about how the bus stops don't work now on Penn Avenue because of the bike lanes. And she got into it another time when she was behind a biker on Fifth Avenue in Shadyside (a really sucky place to drive a bike). But she has a sense of humor, and she's essentially right about the issues.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:18 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,993,398 times
Quote:

I couldn't help but immediately think of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzXDlehhzCQ

Old 10-21-2014, 07:06 PM

sorry to resurrect this again....

wow....just....wow, as some say.

Distractify | 50 Unbelievable Acts Of Kindness That Remind Us There's Still Good People In This World

look at that little girl as her favorite rugby player visits her in the hospital...have to draw the shades, so no one sees me cry! look at her expression. so cute.

then there's this (and did you notice the a-hole that sounds the horn immediately...sheesh, you drivers are just maniacs)

Helping Old Man to Cross The Street With a Bike - YouTube

ok, back to homeowrk!

Old 10-23-2014, 07:11 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,165,227 times
I have been travelling around the U.S. this fall, and it has made me feel grateful to live here. I really like Pittsburgh, and coming here back in 2008 was a good decision for us. It has gotten better every year. I visited a few of the 'hot cities' out west and I cannot believe how sprawl-y and soulless they felt.
Oh,but this is the argument thread, so...it still annoys me that you pay when you get off outbound buses, but only on some routes at certain times. It's stupid!

Old 10-23-2014, 07:26 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,109,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
I have been travelling around the U.S. this fall, and it has made me feel grateful to live here. I really like Pittsburgh, and coming here back in 2008 was a good decision for us. It has gotten better every year. I visited a few of the 'hot cities' out west and I cannot believe how sprawl-y and soulless they felt.
My husband and I had a similar experience touring the west coast last year.

We loved the weather and the beautiful scenery, but the COL and people were deal breakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh