Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:01 PM

511 posts, read 1,937,793 times

Advertisements

I'm a sales rep for one of the major carriers, and just wanted to know if you all could give me an idea of who your carrier is and what kind of service you get from your carrier and how your customer service is. Please limit responses to those who live in the Pittsburgh area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 PM

237 posts, read 860,452 times
My carrier is Verizon.

My service is very, very good. Occasional dead spots, but only in places where I think it is pretty normal (like, say when the T is underground.)

My customer service is fair to good. Very good on the techincal end (when I have an issue with my actual phone). I'd only rate them fair when it comes to billing and such problems. They usually end up fixing my problem, but sometimes it requires a little more tenacity on my part than I would like.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:53 PM

3 posts, read 9,295 times
my carrier is cingular/at&t.
i love it! i never have dropped calls and i always have service. they also have an amazing text messaging plan which is great for me. the customer service is also great, when you report a billing problem they take care of it that day.
i used to have verizon but they had/have a dead zone right where i live, i complained multiple times but nothing ever happened.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:28 AM

114 posts, read 343,948 times
Verizon...no issues with them except we pay too much! family share 1400 mins., 4 phones, 1 phone unlimited (sort of?) texting. average of 180.00 a month.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:36 PM

394 posts, read 1,431,285 times
I have AT&T. No Complaints whatsoever.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:38 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,781,574 times
I have T-Mobile. I have yet to find any "dead spots" in my area (I'm south of Pittsburgh...in the Mon Valley). There customer service is ok...but not stellar. but what can you expect from such a big company (there service is 200% better than Sprint IMHO).

Oh, and don't mind the location in my screename; I am in PA now (but my stuff is still in FL until I figure out where I'm going to stay)

Last edited by MissShona; 12-09-2007 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: to add customer service blurb

Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 AM

675 posts, read 2,099,575 times
I have Verizon, works perfectly in Pittsburgh. For some reason, when I venture out to the parents' in Greensburg it stops working for me.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 AM

104 posts, read 353,690 times
We have Cingular/ATT, and the service seems okay. It's really expensive though, and for some reason we used up our rollover minutes a few months ago and started getting $400 a month bills for using more minutes that we were buying. They didn't actually send the bills though, so we didn't know. Their "paperless" option for billing means you have to check the web every month to pay your bill, no emails sent.

What's amazing to me, and this must be a real challenge for you VWScottie, is that cell phones don't work well, even the good ones, but for some reason everybody seems to need one. I'm constantly cutting people off, or being cut off by people, having no service when I need it and paying a fortune. This doesn't seem related to which service you buy, the product itself is not great.

I'm blown away that everybody puts up with it, and keeps buying more! I guess that's a good business to be in. If anybody can make a cell phone that works better, they'd make even a bigger fortune.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM

511 posts, read 1,937,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhprentiss View Post
We have Cingular/ATT, and the service seems okay. It's really expensive though, and for some reason we used up our rollover minutes a few months ago and started getting $400 a month bills for using more minutes that we were buying. They didn't actually send the bills though, so we didn't know. Their "paperless" option for billing means you have to check the web every month to pay your bill, no emails sent.

What's amazing to me, and this must be a real challenge for you VWScottie, is that cell phones don't work well, even the good ones, but for some reason everybody seems to need one. I'm constantly cutting people off, or being cut off by people, having no service when I need it and paying a fortune. This doesn't seem related to which service you buy, the product itself is not great.

I'm blown away that everybody puts up with it, and keeps buying more! I guess that's a good business to be in. If anybody can make a cell phone that works better, they'd make even a bigger fortune.
AT&T has poor coverage in the Pittsburgh market. It's no challenge to me. I've owned a Treo 700W and now a Blackberry 8830 since I've lived in Pittsburgh and have no trouble speaking with anyone home in Erie or anywhere at all. It's the only phone I have and have no problems at all.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:02 PM

919 posts, read 3,185,975 times
I have Verizon and I love it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh