Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:08 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Git ahtta here! You are saying people have varying needs when it comes to automobiles?

I live in the city and rarely drive my SUV. Some live in the suburbs and live in thier Honda Civics. I would be willing to bet my footprint in my newer SUV is a lot smaller than some of those who drive thier older small cars everyday and everywhere.
Lol. Crazy concept, I know. To think different people have different needs and do different things.

Last edited by erieguy; 07-09-2014 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 02:53 PM

1,445 posts, read 1,971,575 times
I'm not giving up my Honda Fit. It does everything I need it to, fits four adults or lots of stuff, gets 35 MPG and never breaks down. Plus it's paid off. As far as I'm concerned it's basically the perfect car.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:02 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,011 times
i know that in the DC area, people drive a 5 series but live in what would be considered the areas "ghetto" (even though no such thing exists in VA). they rather drive a nice car and live in a trashy apartment, parents house than to have a nice house and drive a beater.

i have no qualms about either as long as the tax payer isn't footing the bill for the person driving the car.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:09 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,915,413 times
As the saying goes...”You can live in your car, but you can’t drive your house!"

Old 07-09-2014, 04:12 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Git ahtta here! You are saying people have varying needs when it comes to automobiles?

I live in the city and rarely drive my SUV. Some live in the suburbs and live in thier Honda Civics. I would be willing to bet my footprint in my newer SUV is a lot smaller than some of those who drive thier older small cars everyday and everywhere.
Copy that. Who knows, maybe that tree hugger driving a Hybrid leaves all his lights on during the day.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:14 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Copy that. Who knows, maybe that tree hugger driving a Hybrid leaves all his lights on during the day.
And they may not be able to or want to walk or ride a bicycle most everywhere they go. Horrible, just horrible.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:35 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
Audis and Lexuses are durable "luxury lite" vehicles--a nice balance between utility and style, IMO. Mercedes are very well-crafted machines, but it seems that the dollar-to-size ratio is much smaller than it used to be (a '13 S is only a little bigger than a '97 E).

I don't know much about Cadillacs beyond the fact that they about in my grandmother's Aventura, FL independent living facility . I will say that everyone I've known who's owned a BMW has had nothing but problems with it.

I have a (mid-size) Lexus SUV. I got it seven years ago and will probably keep it for another three to five. It has just shy of 100,000 miles, but it runs so darn well, I don't see the need to trade it in just yet. It's a gas guzzler for sure, though it could be much worse (I can manage 22-24 on the highway; my brother's jeep is lucky to get 15 ). Next time around I'll probably get a sedan though. Other than golf clubs, I don't carry around a whole lot on a regular basis.

ok the minute you said that a benz is a wellc rafted vehicle... i stopped reading.

hey folks, if you think a benz is well crafted, i have several GM "quality" cars for you to buy and or lease.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:11 PM

748 posts, read 819,961 times
For a long time, the people in Pittsburgh driving luxury vehicles were very often doctors. UPMC is the largest employer after all. Now there is clearly more diversity in that group. Things never change around here, until they do. Clearly there are lots of people around the top 10 - 20% buying some quite nice rides.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:34 PM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
ok the minute you said that a benz is a wellc rafted vehicle... i stopped reading.

hey folks, if you think a benz is well crafted, i have several GM "quality" cars for you to buy and or lease.
In my experience, Mercedes run very well for the most part--at least the sedan models. You're more than welcome to disagree, although I wonder if you could have done so in a less obnoxious fashion.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:13 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,254,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concept_fusion View Post
I am seeing lots of late model Audi's, BMW's, and Mercedes on the roads. Of course, maybe 25% of those cars are leased, but people are still shelling out serious bucks for these rides. Even saw a new Rolls and new Bentley in a richer area. Pittsburgh has historically been more low key with regards to cars. What gives?

I know there are a lot more classy rides parked on the streets here in Lawrenceville, than there were when I move here in 07.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh