Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,497,190 times

Advertisements

This picture has been spreading around social media since last week so I figured I would share it here. According to reports, Costco, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks Off 5th, Nordstrom Rack, and The Container Store are the first tenants to commit to the redevelopment of Northway on McKnight Road.

I haven't been able to find any "official" reports of whether these are true or not...but with the news of Four Seasons Hotel scouting the city for locations, and now this, it looks like we are getting some attention from high-end groups.
Attached Thumbnails
The Block Northway-block-northway.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 09:24 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
The Container Store...FINALLY.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:35 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,460,592 times
looks very promising. Northway has been on the heavy decline for a long while and it will be nice to see its revival.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:45 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
The Container Store...FINALLY.
I can't believe that's a real thing.

Really nice to see some redevelopment for that site though instead of a new shopping center even further up McKnight.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:08 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
The Block Northway : Ross Park Mall :: The Galleria at Mt. Lebanon : South Hills Village

Upscale shopping begets more upscale shopping in close proximity. South Hills Village is full, so The Galleria at Mt. Lebanon has benefited with a spillover of upscale retailers. Nordstrom moving into Ross Park Mall has revitalized not only the mall, but a good portion of the McKnight Road corridor. Northway Mall is being reborn as The Block Northway and moving upscale. By the end of next year, it'll complement Ross Park Mall the same way The Galleria at Mt. Lebanon complements South Hills Village.

Also worth noting is that Ross Park Mall is about to get a Tory Burch. That means Pittsburgh is landing a Tory Burch before Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Sacramento. Austin, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Nashville, Orlando, Portland, St. Louis, San Antonio, San Diego and Tampa already have one, but clearly over are the days of Pittsburgh being the last metropolitan area of its size to land upscale retailers. The opening of Nordstrom at Ross Park Mall unleashed a lot of pent-up demand for upscale shopping.

Pittsburgh is also home to the first three Primadonna Collections in North America.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:23 PM

419 posts, read 446,164 times
Northway Mall has had a few different renovations over the years. This time it looks like it is getting a total revamping, as is needed. I was there about a month ago and there were little more than a handful of businesses in operation. Heck, even Mama Lucia's moved out. They had been one of the originals and a mainstay. I'm wondering if they are going to do what was done at North Hills Village by having all access to the stores via the outside of the mall by utilizing mall corridor space by making it actual floor space for the retailers. It kind of looks like that in the rendering, but we'll see.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:34 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,964 times
Hard to tell from the rendering, but it looks like a total open-air format. I assume they are utilizing the existing building and adding or de-constructing portions of it? So glad that something is going in here. It's a valuable and viable piece of the McKnight corridor, and better to re-use than to destroy more green space, as happened with the horrific McCandless Crossing mess up the road.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:04 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I can't believe that's a real thing.
Oh, the Container Store is quite real. http://www.containerstore.com/welcome.htm

Old 03-30-2015, 03:07 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Oh, the Container Store is quite real. http://www.containerstore.com/welcome.htm
It's real, and it's spectacular.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:17 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's real, and it's spectacular.
We should all go together when it opens! I'll deliver lunch beforehand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh