Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 07:15 AM

598 posts, read 748,153 times

Advertisements

There are some software companies downtown Pittsburgh, some in the Oakland neighborhood of the city. Also, plenty scattered around North and North east. Microsoft, Google and alike are mostly within the city limits.
Franklin Park is a neighborhood. North Allegheny, Hampton and Pine Richland are some of the best school districts locally and in the state. House prices and the demand reflect the quality of these school districts.
Knob Hill park is a small park in Marshall Township and is adjacent to Thorn Hill industrial park. Lot's of Indians seem to be employed by Highmark and Microsoft, both in and around Downtown. The Indian population in the north is very limited, others on here already suggested current clusters of Indians in the area. Look at locations of various Hindu temples and you'll have a better idea where to look for an Indian community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 08:11 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
There are alot of Indian families moving into collier twp, it is around a 20 min commute to Wexford.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:43 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,187,225 times
IT jobs here in Pittsburgh are spread pretty far and wide, depending on the in the specific industry your husband is looking to work for within IT. Aside from the obvious tech jobs between downtown and the East End, there are concentrations of IT jobs in Cranberry, Robinson, and Southpointe, along with smaller concentrations in office parks such as RIDC and Foster Plaza.

As for Indian communities, I would add Carnegie to the list, if it hasn't been mentioned already. Most of the homes there are older but there are newer homes higher up on the hill. Also, next door is some higher end areas such as Roslyn Farms and South Fayette. Carnegie is also next to another large Indian community that has been mentioned here in Green Tree.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:43 PM

8 posts, read 11,350 times
We are moving to Pitts as well and we have 2 kids with one going to K and the other attending 2nd Grade.
Please let us know whether you guys have landed , we plan to live in S Fayette since its close to my work place and it has a decent school district.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofhappybaby View Post
Warrendale, PA 15086 when I was viewing it showed near knob hill community park.

Had one more question, my husband is a software professional, which area would be suitable for his work (I mean is there an IT park where most of the IT companies reside in PA?) If his place of work most likely would be in the North too then we might start looking into north Pitts instead of South. Franklin park is an apartment complex or a home-buying community? Sorry lots of Qs. what is the best school district in North Pittsburgh? I was told Mt. Lebanon, S. Fayette and Bethel but all of them are in the south.

TIA

Old 05-12-2016, 04:01 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times
My boys attend South Fayette and we are very happy with it. There are many indian people living here, and boy are they smart. The school district is number one again this year.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:12 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,224,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Knob Hill?
Or do you mean Nob Hill?

Pittsburgh, Carnegie Apartments for Rent - Nob Hill Apartments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh