Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2016, 07:13 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,898,369 times

Advertisements

Just curious. Was in Lawrenceville in Saturday & they put on a very nice neighborhood fireworks show. Waiting up here to see the City's main fireworks I can see some others going off elsewhere in the city too. Just wondered what other neighborhoods do their own show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 09:15 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,051,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Just curious. Was in Lawrenceville in Saturday & they put on a very nice neighborhood fireworks show. Waiting up here to see the City's main fireworks I can see some others going off elsewhere in the city too. Just wondered what other neighborhoods do their own show?
Springdale (pretty big), Oakmont CC, Fox Chapel CC and Nemacolin Woodlands come to mind.

There are a ton of them out there. Downtown was amazing tonight. What a HUGE show and wonderful weather. Well done Pittsburgh and EQT.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:59 AM

994 posts, read 903,355 times
Seems odd that any city neighborhood like Lawrenceville would have their own fireworks.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:03 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,165,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post
Seems odd that any city neighborhood like Lawrenceville would have their own fireworks.
What, specifically, is odd about it? Lawernceville is probably as big in population as Springdale. If someone in the community sponsors it, no reason not to have them. My fiancée and I caught the Lawrenceville ones by chance when hanging out with the neighbor. Great views from atop our roof near Children's Hospital. Unfortunately, the wind and overcast skies that trapped much of the smoke made the downtown show much less visible than it otherwise would have been.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:05 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,950,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post
They had theirs on Saturday, July 2nd as part of their 72-year old tradition of celebrating Independence Day at Arsenal Park. Why is that weird?

Old 07-05-2016, 07:16 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,898,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
What, specifically, is odd about it? Lawernceville is probably as big in population as Springdale. If someone in the community sponsors it, no reason not to have them. My fiancée and I caught the Lawrenceville ones by chance when hanging out with the neighbor. Great views from atop our roof near Children's Hospital. Unfortunately, the wind and overcast skies that trapped much of the smoke made the downtown show much less visible than it otherwise would have been.
I had the same issue yesterday. The view of the fireworks for the first 15mins was great & then I just saw a bunch of flashes behind a wall of smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh