Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:00 PM

3 posts, read 32,023 times

Advertisements

Pghtebbie, Guylocke - THANK YOU!
This is so very helpful!!!
Hopefully I can eventually be a contributor, and not just a consumer of this great info...
but for now, I'm excited to consume away!
:^)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 04:05 PM

3 posts, read 32,023 times
Default Wegmans???

I had heard rumors that Wegmans was somewhere in the PGH area... but alas, I fear it is just a rumor, as I can't seem to find one in any websearch. Does anyone know if one is coming? Or hiding somewhere?
;^)

Old 03-27-2015, 04:25 PM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancycarm View Post
I had heard rumors that Wegmans was somewhere in the PGH area... but alas, I fear it is just a rumor, as I can't seem to find one in any websearch. Does anyone know if one is coming? Or hiding somewhere?
;^)
Nope, sorry, the closest store is probably Elmira NY or Sterling VA.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:52 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
Nope, sorry, the closest store is probably Elmira NY or Sterling VA.
There are locations in Altoona and Erie, both of which are about two hours away. It makes quite a nice day-trip if you want to pack a cooler! I've done this before with the Erie location---drive up to run around Presque Isle State Park; lunch at Pufferbelly Restaurant (a converted fire station); and grab some goodies in my cooler at Wegman's before hopping I-79 back home.

As long as the zombies in this area love Giant Eagle I don't think we'll ever have a Wegman's.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:46 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
There are locations in Altoona and Erie, both of which are about two hours away. It makes quite a nice day-trip if you want to pack a cooler! I've done this before with the Erie location---drive up to run around Presque Isle State Park; lunch at Pufferbelly Restaurant (a converted fire station); and grab some goodies in my cooler at Wegman's before hopping I-79 back home.

As long as the zombies in this area love Giant Eagle I don't think we'll ever have a Wegman's.
Oh, hm. I went to the store locator and only saw the eastern stores listed on the map. I see now clicking on PA shows two stores near Erie. I see now there is one near State College as well.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:03 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Just wanted to give kudos to the folks maintaining and posting on this excellent site. I grew up in Pittsburgh (actually out on the suburban-rural border not far from Pittsburgh) but lived in our family home on the North Side while going to Pitt and then for a few years after). I have been living in Asia for quite a long time and as I near retirement, hopefully soon, I yearn to return to the Burgh (like a salmon returns to its original stream!).

I loved growing up on the edge of the suburban-rural border, where I worked a farm with my friend. But, as I get older, I don't think I want to return to deal with even a large yard, let alone acres of farmland! And after living in a densley-populated Asian city for so long, with every convenience at my fingertips or just a short walk away, I am looking to settle down somewhere in the city. Oakland, SH, Highland Park, Morningside... all of these places are intriguing.

I look forward to reading and exploring this site, and hopefully to asking and answering questions. In the meantime, kudos for an exceptional site and resource!

Old 05-12-2016, 03:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I got this today from the Pitt Alumni Association. I thought it would be of interest to you guys.
Pittsburgh educator creates online map to track city's development | Blogh | Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh City Paper

Old 09-05-2016, 01:32 AM

1 posts, read 10,047 times
Me and my wife just started our family. We currently live in southwest Ohio. What's wages like in the Pittsburgh area for a warehouse/factory worker? It's my current line of work. Were currently debating an out of state move in the next year.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,323 times
Default need verification

Our family will be retiring from the Military here in 3 more years and are really excited to finally put down roots and really want that place to be Pittsburgh . We are already Die Hard Steelers ,Penguins and Bucs Fans . We have heard from a few different families now , some lived in Pittsburgh for 2 years some for 5 and longer and they all left because they said that each neighborhood was very cliquish almost clan like if you will and not very accepting of transplants , we have visited and did not get that feeling , is that because we were tourists at the time ?

Old 04-07-2019, 06:00 AM

39 posts, read 38,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
Thank you for this wonderful list! I'm using it for reference as I'm considering adding Pittsburgh Playhouse to my Downtown Pittsburgh and Cultural District Update page even though it's in the business District and not the Cultural District.

Is this the Backstage Bar link?

https://trustarts.org/pct_home/visit.../backstage-bar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh