Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 12:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
That's it. Let's encourage sophisticated, educated, and industrious people like charisb to move to Canada so our nation can have even less of a professional and academic competitive advantage with other developed nations.

For the record I voted for Hillary. I'm being cautiously optimistic right now that President Elect Trump will back down from his anti-gay/anti-Muslim/anti-Mexican/anti-woman rhetoric and instead focus on IMPORTANT issues like fighting ISIS, foreign policy with Russia, modifying trade agreements, illegal immigration, health care reform, and lessening the growing divide between haves and have-nots in this country.
Don't understand a word of the first paragraph but the second one I can't agree more with.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:22 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Don't understand a word of the first paragraph but the second one I can't agree more with.
You told someone who has proven themselves to be probably the most eloquent and articulate woman in Greenfield to move to another country. Why? We should be encouraging as many people like her to STAY and REINVENT our country as possible!

Old 11-12-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
You told someone who has proven themselves to be probably the most eloquent and articulate woman in Greenfield to move to another country. Why? We should be encouraging as many people like her to STAY and REINVENT our country as possible!
Opinions vary. Nobody's forcing anyone that doesn't like it to stay and deal with it.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-12-2016 at 01:07 PM..

Old 11-12-2016, 02:43 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Quote:
That's it. Let's encourage sophisticated, educated, and industrious people like charisb to move to Canada so our nation can have even less of a professional and academic competitive advantage with other developed nations.

For the record I voted for Hillary. I'm being cautiously optimistic right now that President Elect Trump will back down from his anti-gay/anti-Muslim/anti-Mexican/anti-woman rhetoric and instead focus on IMPORTANT issues like fighting ISIS, foreign policy with Russia, modifying trade agreements, illegal immigration, health care reform, and lessening the growing divide between haves and have-nots in this country.
I completely agree with you and hope he does the same as well. If he doesn't, I hope all liberals and progressives in this country will stay united to oppose him. Some of his early transition picks have me doubtful of that though.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I completely agree with you and hope he does the same as well. If he doesn't, I hope all liberals and progressives in this country will stay united to oppose him. Some of his early transition picks have me doubtful of that though.
That's a good idea. Promote resistance before you even know what's going to happen. Great stuff for sure

Old 11-12-2016, 07:23 PM

3,253 posts, read 2,339,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Why in the world would I give you rep points? You know I don't agree with any of your points, right?

And with Ben Carson proposed as Secretary of Education I would not put much hope in the educational system.
Methinks you are confused. Dr. Carson has never been proposed for DED. Dr. Carson may be the head of NIH or FDA or HHS, but certainly not the joke of the cabinet, DED. Many of us hope President Trump will dismantle the Department of Education and return those functions to the states where they should have always been.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
While I don't find 'GFY' to be part of high-level discourse, I am happy to be the lightning rod for your anger.
Note that I never denigrated lower educated people; merely reported that they are the ones who voted for trump based on existing data. That really hit a nerve despite the fact that he, himself said "I love the poorly educated" at one of his rallies and got cheers.
I genuinely feel sad for those who think he will create blue collar jobs. There is nothing in his background that in any way shows that he care about the 'little guy'. To the contrary, he has a history of declaring bankruptcies, lining his own pockets, and stiffing small business owners. He basically said '*********' to PA and other states and imported all of the steel and aluminum from his building projects from China (who he now hates although he again lined his pockets by outsourcing most of his labor to).
As I have mentioned I have a couple of neighbors who are great guys who truly believe trump will bring manufacturing to this area. I genuinely feel for them as I believe they will be deeply disappointed and even more disenfranchised.
I cannot help but to say "Bless your heart; I am from Georgia". And I am not sure why you care about my work history but I spent several years picking tobacco and I will put it up against the hardest jobs out there, FWIW.
And there are 67 counties in PA, not 50. Sorry, the educator in me couldn't resist.
OOOHHH, you're an 'educator'. That explains everything. Carry on.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I have to admit that I love how much the education data is getting under your skin.

Okay, the,n the majority of voters voted for Clinton. She had roughly 2 million more votes than he did. Feel better?

I am guessing the White voters by education are separated out into another chart because Whites are the one who elected him. No candidate since Reagan has had so many uneducated Whites vote for him.
I feel sincerely sorry for the low income, low educated Whites who thinks Trump care about them. Their lot will only be worse in four years, most likely. With a Republican Congress it is going to be tough for them to blame Trump's failures on Obama's legacy (although I am sure they will try). So sad.
Quite the snob aren't you? Don't tell me, let me guess, you have a Master's degree in education, the easiest masters degree to obtain and yet you believe that makes you of superior intellect. It doesn't.

Other than racial division, disrespect for America about the world, more people in the US in poverty than ever before, and a failed health care system, just that might Obama's legacy be?

Old 11-12-2016, 07:42 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,164,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
Methinks you are confused. Dr. Carson has never been proposed for DED. Dr. Carson may be the head of NIH or FDA or HHS, but certainly not the joke of the cabinet, DED. Many of us hope President Trump will dismantle the Department of Education and return those functions to the states where they should have always been.
Quote:
OOOHHH, you're an 'educator'. That explains everything. Carry on.
Quote:
Quite the snob aren't you? Don't tell me, let me guess, you have a Master's degree in education, the easiest masters degree to obtain and yet you believe that makes you of superior intellect. It doesn't.

Other than racial division, disrespect for America about the world, more people in the US in poverty than ever before, and a failed health care system, just that might Obama's legacy be?
I am pretty tired of personal attacks from people who cannot handle facts and do not do their own research.
You can easily find out on your own that Ben Carson is being proposed for the Secretary of Education.
There is nothing 'snobby' about reporting data on uneducated voters.
And I do not have a Master's in Education but I know people who do and are they are pretty intelligent people.
Of course, you do get the irony of calling me a snob while you denigrate people with MEds, right?
The vitriol spewed toward education on this thread is alarming.
You know you are playing exactly into the stereotypes of who trump supporters are, right?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I am pretty tired of personal attacks from people who cannot handle facts and do not do their own research.
You can easily find out on your own that Ben Carson is being proposed for the Secretary of Education.
There is nothing 'snobby' about reporting data on uneducated voters.
And I do not have a Master's in Education but I know people who do and are they are pretty intelligent people.
Of course, you do get the irony of calling me a snob while you denigrate people with MEds, right?
The vitriol spewed toward education on this thread is alarming.
You know you are playing exactly into the stereotypes of who trump supporters are, right?
All of this "trump"/"trump" voter bashing looks and sounds more like sour grapes than anything.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-12-2016 at 09:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh