Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 07:52 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
It's the same as the service industry. McDonalds, etc. at some point will all go to the Sheetz model where there's just a kiosk to place your orders. I assume at some point the back of the house will become automated as well.

Eventually (50-100 years) there may not be enough jobs available. I know it's not a popular sentiment in this country, but it may get to a point where a basic income model may be the best option.
If the back of the house gets automated, you know it'll be happening in some ultra-hip metallic-furnished place in Tokyo first. It'll have a 1950s futuristic looking theme and they'll figure out a way to have you served the Japanese interpretation of "American" food by a kawaii animatronic robot. Sure, the initial rollout is going to be expensive but with almost zero labor costs, it will scale like you would not believe. Put the booths in a circle, have only the robots in the interior of the circle, have the entrances to the booths on the outside of the circle, and then you don't have to have the robots maneuvering around unpredictably-walking people. This is totally doable in your lifetime. Once this takes off, globally, if you filed for your patents, all you will have to do is sit back and count your money because you just put a LOT of people out of work.

Yeah, I already got bored with the left-right parallel circle jerk over a 100-person college student protest that lasted half an hour, so sue me. It's not like Pitt students protesting is a radical departure from normalcy in this town.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:55 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
(and his weird Putin fetish...
There is another media hype buzzword. PUTIN! You know many presidents tried to work with Russian leaders early when they took office. MANY, yet Trump is singled out for no reason. He would like to team up with Russia against ISIS. So you call it a fetish. Sounds about right. Have you ever heard of Mir? We have relations with Russia in many departments, but FETISH!!!! Come on, you should do better than this.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:55 AM

684 posts, read 419,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Now you're talking.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:57 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,883,891 times
Quote:
I'm just quoting what you said!
You're the one that brought up the emergency vehicle.
Not me, you!

So I was just wondering if you had any facts (alternative or otherwise) to back up that an emergency vehicle was there. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't have any. That there was no emergency vehicle. Your quote makes it seem like there actually was one that couldn't get through, and that's a misrepresentation of what happened. That's why I'm bringing it up.
A protest the following day blocked an ambulance from making it to the hospital & an emergency procedure was required to take place in the ambulance. Saturday's blocking demonstration did not stop an emergency vehicle as far as I am aware but as Sunday's protest proved, it's always most certainly a possibility. This is not a result I find acceptable. Obviously others disagree & view such possible collateral damage as an acceptable consequence of the protests.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
There is another media hype buzzword. PUTIN! You know many presidents tried to work with Russian leaders early when they took office. MANY, yet Trump is singled out for no reason. He would like to team up with Russia against ISIS. So you call it a fetish. Sounds about right. Have you ever heard of Mir? We have relations with Russia in many departments, but FETISH!!!! Come on, you should do better than this.
Yeah, that's not exactly right though. He has made some sort of moral equivalency with Putin's state sponsored thuggery and some vague comment that "well, you know....America has killers too" ... as if the fact that there are Americans that commit murder has anything to do with the brutal state sponsored murder of dissenters that occurs in Russia.

Also, it's not just the media...it's lots of conservatives as well. My goodness, Ronald Reagan must be rolling over in his grave at the thought of a Republican president bowing to a Russian leader that he's in bed with economically.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:06 AM

Location: Close to Pittsburgh, but NOT Pittsburgh ('cause I don't pay CoP taxes)
252 posts, read 236,315 times
Put all the protesters on motorcycles and it's all hunky dory.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:06 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
Very simplistic understand of the unintended consequences, but this is how the Trump regime sees things so I'm not surprised his followers are following along.
I don't approve of Trump's TEMPORARY ban on 7 out of 50 countries and I feel it will backfire, but what I do take offense to is media hype and total BS. What if Trump followed through with his plan and in 90 days the ban was lifted? What if people knew there were 42ish Muslim countries that are totally unaffected with this temporary ban, so they can't say Muslims aren't welcome in the US? Oh wait, then they can't claim "racism", oh no, people can't do the race thingy. The media is creating the divide to this current level.. I really think things will get worse and have no idea if our country could be united. The media is making it impossible for people to come together because there is NO money when people are in agreement. Boring news doesn't sell, so conflict is the solution. I wish people could see it. Sure is clear as a bell for me, but I have been saying this for MANY years. Now look where we are. I was 100% RIGHT! No argument could ever change my opinion on that.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:28 AM
gg

Quote:
Yeah, that's not exactly right though. He has made some sort of moral equivalency with Putin's state sponsored thuggery and some vague comment that "well, you know....America has killers too" ... as if the fact that there are Americans that commit murder has anything to do with the brutal state sponsored murder of dissenters that occurs in Russia.

Also, it's not just the media...it's lots of conservatives as well. My goodness, Ronald Reagan must be rolling over in his grave at the thought of a Republican president bowing to a Russian leader that he's in bed with economically.
I hate to tell you, but Trump is somewhat correct in comparing the US with Russian thuggery. What did we do in Iraq and how many innocent lives were lost? What about our 100% support of the settlements in Israel? We say we are against it, but we have a 10 year deal with Israel for $38 BILLION!!! Doesn't sound like we are against their settlements that are continuing against international law if we are giving that much money and not telling them they don't get it unless they stop the settlements/expansion? Lets not pretend we are so innocent. If yo you listen to Trump himself, he states he wants to work with them on common ground. People are of course against the idea, but people are against Trump no matter what he does, so he made the comment we also do plenty of killing and it was blown up to we are the same as Russia. Again, media's embellishments! MEDIA and their controversy. Can't people see this? Amazing!

Old 02-07-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I hate to tell you, but Trump is somewhat correct in comparing the US with Russian thuggery. What did we do in Iraq and how many innocent lives were lost? What about our 100% support of the settlements in Israel? We say we are against it, but we have a 10 year deal with Israel for $38 BILLION!!! Doesn't sound like we are against their settlements that are continuing against international law if we are giving that much money and not telling them they don't get it unless they stop the settlements/expansion? Lets not pretend we are so innocent. If yo you listen to Trump himself, he states he wants to work with them on common ground. People are of course against the idea, but people are against Trump no matter what he does, so he made the comment we also do plenty of killing and it was blown up to we are the same as Russia. Again, media's embellishments! MEDIA and their controversy. Can't people see this? Amazing!
What in the world does Israel settlements have to do with this??

As for this being a media thing, there's a long list of conservatives who are appaled with his Putin bromance (like John McCain,Mitt Romney,Lindsey Graham,The National Review,Mona Charen,Mark Helprin), while the only notable folks on his side with this are white supremacist people like Richard Spencer and Matthew Heimbach.

You're pushing a false narrative here.

Regardless....this has nothing to do with the protest on the bridge in Pgh.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:56 AM
gg

Quote:
What in the world does Israel settlements have to do with this??

As for this being a media thing, there's a long list of conservatives who are appaled with his Putin bromance (like John McCain,Mitt Romney,Lindsey Graham,The National Review,Mona Charen,Mark Helprin), while the only notable folks on his side with this are white supremacist people like Richard Spencer and Matthew Heimbach.

You're pushing a false narrative here.

Regardless....this has nothing to do with the protest on the bridge in Pgh.
What are you talking about? My response was in direct response to this comment. He has made some sort of moral equivalency with Putin's state sponsored thuggery, so don't tell me Israeli settlements aren't pertinent to that statement?

I didn't get this topic offtrack, I just responded!

Anyway to get it back on track not that I am the cause of it getting off track. I am NOT!

The protests and mess that the far left is creating will only make Trump more popular and Trump supporters will be saying "see I knew we voted right". I guess I know several Trump supporters, so that puts me at an advantage in seeing behind their curtain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh