Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 08:54 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky329 View Post
Once again lol so please tell me some areas to go since everywhere I say you seem to not like.. I must be missing something.. I actually go to the north shore a lot lately because it's been so happening

are you maybe confusing the "north shore" with the general lower north side (East Allegheny, Mexican War STreets, etc.)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 11:53 PM

325 posts, read 323,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
are you maybe confusing the "north shore" with the general lower north side (East Allegheny, Mexican War STreets, etc.)?
Humm no I don't venture up there.. you guys please don't assume about an area if you haven't been there recently

Old 08-29-2017, 12:31 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,224,003 times
I can tell you that Tequila Cowboy is the new "place to be" on Fri and Sat night. Unreal crowds and elbow to elbow.

It has put a hurt on the South Side for sure. I know because I am at both areas on the weekends. The Flats, Marios, and Local are the only busy places on Carson anymore.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:12 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky329 View Post
Humm no I don't venture up there.. you guys please don't assume about an area if you haven't been there recently
sky, i go by there (North Shore) often to get to other destinations. i just have no interest in it. the area is certainly very nice - you can dine with a nice view. you can walk there easily from downtown.
I would not have said it is "happening", but then we are probably different ages, different schedules.

Well, the concert scene there is exciting. I really like Stage AE's outdoor shows.

The North Shore is the nicest waterfront I've seen in any city I've been to. Not sure about the Flats in Cleveland, though since I hadn't been there since about 2002. I loved it, but since then it may have improved, or it may have gotten less desirable.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:17 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,312,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think that's a stretch. It makes sense that there are bars and restaurants to catch the sports crowds, but I don't know of too many people who'd just go to the North Shore for dinner or to hang out if they weren't already over there for some other reason.
I love photography and just walking outdoors. I go to the north shore more than anywhere else just to hang out. I'll often grab dinner too. There may not be many people like me in this regard though.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:29 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,283,140 times
north shore is definitely happening, at least tq, but it seems to attract the same bro crowd as the south side. i am guessing the posters that downplay the activity associate it to the "bridge and tunnel" crowd but i am guessing it is equal parts people from the city, although not as highbrow as places like the ace hotel and the twisted frenchman that cater to the new tech "elite".

Old 08-29-2017, 06:31 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
I can tell you that Tequila Cowboy is the new "place to be" on Fri and Sat night. Unreal crowds and elbow to elbow.

It has put a hurt on the South Side for sure. I know because I am at both areas on the weekends. The Flats, Marios, and Local are the only busy places on Carson anymore.
I have no problem believing that the North Shore chain bars have stolen a large portion of the crowd which used to hang out in South Side, and the Strip before that.

Remember guys, popular does not mean "hip." The North Shore will almost certainly never be hip, but bros aren't hip anyway.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:44 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,312,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I have no problem believing that the North Shore chain bars have stolen a large portion of the crowd which used to hang out in South Side, and the Strip before that.

Remember guys, popular does not mean "hip." The North Shore will almost certainly never be hip, but bros aren't hip anyway.
Why is it not considered hip? (Not challenging you - just asking for more info.)

Old 08-29-2017, 06:49 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

Popular = $$$$. That's all they're concerned with.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:08 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
Why is it not considered hip? (Not challenging you - just asking for more info.)
Because the nightlife is almost entirely composed of chain bars - mostly sports bars. It's where "normal" people go to have a night out on the town, not yuppies or hipsters. Popular and hip aren't the same thing - otherwise Coors Light would be a hip beer, Nickelback would have been a hip band, etc.

None of this should be meant to be viewed as judgmental. I'm well past the point in my life of being concerned with such things. Just because something is considered hip doesn't make it good, and vice versa. But mass-market sports bars are not hip.

Last edited by eschaton; 08-29-2017 at 07:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh