Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 01:04 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Sorry, you are right...1998 was a stretch, but Eat N Park, Mad Mex, Nicky's Thai, Grand Concourse, Nakama, Olive or Twist, Paris 66, Sarris, Franktuary, Beehive, Oakmont Bakery, and Fiori's are on this list every year. I believe the issue is me, someone who is more of a foodie/food snob, than most of those who are voting in this poll.
Right. Yeah Eat N Park..eh. And oh Ritter's? How? Other than being open late why anyone would go there. ... >? just my opinion. I'd rather drive through Wendy's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 01:26 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,915,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Right. Yeah Eat N Park..eh. And oh Ritter's? How? Other than being open late why anyone would go there. ... >? just my opinion. I'd rather drive through Wendy's

And the Grand Concourse is the best buffet, but maybe I am the weird one but I cant think of another buffet. Is that really a place to go? Was it ever good, or was it just the location that everyone liked? And apologies to my own neighborhood pizza shop (one of 6) but Fiori's is not the best pizza in Pittsburgh. Slice is 10x better and that is just driving a mile up the street.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:56 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
Quote:
And the Grand Concourse is the best buffet, but maybe I am the weird one but I cant think of another buffet. Is that really a place to go? Was it ever good, or was it just the location that everyone liked? And apologies to my own neighborhood pizza shop (one of 6) but Fiori's is not the best pizza in Pittsburgh. Slice is 10x better and that is just driving a mile up the street.
Isn't it against the law to live in Brookline and NOT think Fiori's is the best? And if we're talking "Buffets" I would go with the buffet at Taj Mahal on McKnight Rd. Grand Concourse is ok but they have hands down the worst service ever. Been there multiple times for Sunday buffet and it's chaos city. You make a reservation months in advance and still wait over 30 minutes. They're always short-staffed on Sundays as well.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:20 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,222,788 times
Quote:
And the Grand Concourse is the best buffet,
I wouldn't call Grand Concourse a buffet since it is only on Sunday, moreso a brunch like many hotels have.

Buffet to me is like Old Town Buffet, Fortune Star, or even Golden Corral. Served everyday all day.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:52 AM

15 posts, read 8,754 times
Quote:
80% of this list could have been cut and pasted from 1998 and no one would be able to tell the difference.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:54 AM

15 posts, read 8,754 times
Gristhouse best dog friendly "restaurant"...with NO kitchen or menu??? Totally overrated beer as well.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:23 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,879,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberrymart View Post
Gristhouse best dog friendly "restaurant"...with NO kitchen or menu??? Totally overrated beer as well.
They have food venders but agree that doesn’t make them a restaurant & their beer isn’t just overrated but actually pretty bad. If it wasn’t for their pretty awesome space they wouldn’t have any business.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,081 times
I kinda can't stand Primanti's sandwiches or anything at the Grand Concourse.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:18 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MfinFoxTPH View Post
I kinda can't stand Primanti's sandwiches or anything at the Grand Concourse.
I think Primanti's is just mediocre---nothing to write home about.

I only ate at Grand Concourse once (invited by a friend's family who was visiting the city), and I thought it was highly-overrated.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:56 AM

373 posts, read 377,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
They have food venders but agree that doesn’t make them a restaurant & their beer isn’t just overrated but actually pretty bad. If it wasn’t for their pretty awesome space they wouldn’t have any business.
I recently discovered that Draai Laag bests Gristhouse in every way, especially the beer. 'Relic' is the best Pittsburgh beer I've had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh