Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 05:14 AM

84 posts, read 411,460 times

Advertisements

Do any of you know if the Aldi grocery store in Penn Hills or the one on McKnight road are decent size? I used to go to the one in Holiday Park in Plum but now it's out of the way from where we live. Some of you might not shop there but I was going to get a few cheap things and wanted to go. I've never been to Penn Hills before, is that one easy to find?

Thanks to anybody who knows what I'm talking about...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 10:11 AM

Okay I take it nobody knows what I'm talking about. I just need to get inexpensive produce and a few things to last me for two weeks because I am seriously spending way too much on food because I'm vegan and it takes its toll shopping at Whole Foods all the time and Market District isn't bad but I still spend way too much there.

If anybody has any idea about the Aldi's let me know.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:05 PM

353 posts, read 1,729,115 times
The only one I have ever been in is located in Shaler Plaza off of Route 8 just past Etna.
It is a fairly small store but, I have gotten some good bargins there. The store at Northway Mall (McKnight Rd.) looks to be much bigger but, I haven't been inside yet.
I don't know where the one in Penn Hills is.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:07 PM

85 posts, read 286,771 times
The one in Northway Mall is nicer inside than the one in Shaler Plaza but they have the same stuff and appear to be the same size to me. It is noticeably cheaper but the quality of the prepared foods (orange juice, ice cream, sauces) is decent but not great. They have some health items like low fat mayonnaise but not as many as some people would probably like. I don't think they have a very large produce section, and very few organic foods.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 PM

I went to the one in Northway Mall today. It was nicer than the Aldi's I was at a long time ago. I got some bargains, but they had a lot more stuff that my meat eating roommate would have liked. Me, being vegan, didn't have quite as many options, but I did find some cheap ketchup and french fries, lol....

*sigh....*

Old 03-25-2008, 06:24 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
The Aldi in Penn Hills is in the spot where a large Giant Eagle used to be which was formerlly a large PharMor and long before that it was a bowling alley. It's not as large as Giant Eagle's super sized stores but it's big. It's in Penn Hills Shopping Center under Big Lots which was also previously a bowling alley.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
My god..Do yourself a favor and shop in the strip district. Its where the stores go to get thier stuff.

Pop City - The Strip District Visitor Guide

Theres some vegan restraunt I saw in wheel deliver magazine...I guess its in oakland...
I dont know if its still there but I want to try it out when I move closer in a few months.
Something you could do if you go to the museum for a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh