Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 02:07 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well what makes me feel that way is those drunk cops in the South Side provoking and fighting the Pagans. All the cops still have their jobs. Now if they were black it would have made international news, cops all fired, protests everywhere and so-on. There is a difference IMHO. The officer in the Brown case was found not guilty, but he of course lost his job for trying to detain people that just came from an attempted murder. I'll never understand that case. If you can't detain people in a car filled with bullets that just came from trying to kill someone with a gun just minutes beforehand, you might as well not even try or care. Cops are now expected to allow criminals to flee without any force used against them? Are you kidding me? All murders can just now run and be free. Good for them.
Beyond that - the cop, who shouldve lost his badge, has the audacity to sue the victim and the bar!
https://www.wpxi.com/news/investigat...ourt/985725387

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
He lives in a fantasy world, created by Fox News and AM radio, where minorities are underpoliced and coddled by the criminal justice system.
Peduto and Progressives live in a fantasy world. "If you want to be avoid being stabbed, go to a suburban mall"

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
this forum has been quiet for months. the people on the left gave up, thinking its corrupted by the right. (when actually, fights predictably start with a left person calling a right person racist.) but interesting how this thread is so quiet.
The pot is being stirred, and my hands are nowhere near the ladle!

Quote:
What do you mean? That case proves my case since Miles made a fortune off police. The Pagans got nothing and all officers kept their jobs.
Am I correct in recalling that Miles also ran in the primary for a City Council seat within the last handful of years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catia View Post
Jordan Miles was also an INNOCENT CHILD. He went to CAPA for christ sake.
Do you even understand what CAPA is?
He was an honor student.
Kids from CAPA are not trouble makers-these are kids who are involved in the arts & theatre.
Yup, because Felicity Huffman and Jussie Smollet are paradigms of virtue because they're in the arts too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 11:58 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,102,536 times
"Yup, because Felicity Huffman and Jussie Smollet are paradigms of virtue because they're in the arts too."

This has nothing to add to the Miles case and you know it. Miles did nothing wrong other than walking late at night as a black kid in a black neighborhood. The police fabricated a reason to jump him and then proceed to beat him terribly. He was a high school student who had done nothing wrong and had no history or arrest. If you know of something Miles was doing that the rest of us aren't aware of, please share. Otherwise it's just another biased and baseless smear all to common in this forum.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:21 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
"Yup, because Felicity Huffman and Jussie Smollet are paradigms of virtue because they're in the arts too."

This has nothing to add to the Miles case and you know it. Miles did nothing wrong other than walking late at night as a black kid in a black neighborhood. The police fabricated a reason to jump him and then proceed to beat him terribly. He was a high school student who had done nothing wrong and had no history or arrest. If you know of something Miles was doing that the rest of us aren't aware of, please share. Otherwise it's just another biased and baseless smear all to common in this forum.
Even though this case is well over a decade old and we are still talking about it, it is said Miles fled and resisted arrest which seems oddly common. Not saying he deserved a beating. He didn’t, but stop running from police and start listening to their commands. This could have been avoided. Again it is a very old case and has nothing to do with today’s style of law enforcement. Today it is let crime happen first and no prevention. The bar of civilized society keeps getting lower catering to the bleeding heart left to the point of stupid. Can’t go anywhere in the city without being hassled by professional pan-handers making a fortune off dopes that keep feeding them money to add to their tax free incomes.

Old 09-17-2019, 03:45 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,102,536 times
Quote:
Even though this case is well over a decade old and we are still talking about it, it is said Miles fled and resisted arrest which seems oddly common. Not saying he deserved a beating. He didn’t, but stop running from police and start listening to their commands. This could have been avoided. Again it is a very old case and has nothing to do with today’s style of law enforcement. Today it is let crime happen first and no prevention. The bar of civilized society keeps getting lower catering to the bleeding heart left to the point of stupid. Can’t go anywhere in the city without being hassled by professional pan-handers making a fortune off dopes that keep feeding them money to add to their tax free incomes.

You let me know how you’d handle a bunch of guys jumping out of a car in street clothes running after you. When you have the answer to that question you’re in a better place to arm chair quarterback it. And you’re right, it could have been avoided had they not beat the hell out him after they caught him.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
You let me know how you’d handle a bunch of guys jumping out of a car in street clothes running after you. When you have the answer to that question you’re in a better place to arm chair quarterback it. And you’re right, it could have been avoided had they not beat the hell out him after they caught him.
Could be wrong, and as I understand it, they didn’t identify themselves as police officers.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:59 PM

387 posts, read 471,338 times
Quote:
Even though this case is well over a decade old and we are still talking about it, it is said Miles fled and resisted arrest which seems oddly common. Not saying he deserved a beating. He didn’t, but stop running from police and start listening to their commands. This could have been avoided. Again it is a very old case and has nothing to do with today’s style of law enforcement.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Wow. It's not so long ago.
It's not were talking about Justice for Jonny Gammage, which was a similar case, but involved an adult.

In my opinion, across the board, in Allegheny County, whether city/borough/twsp, whatever, the style has not changed.

I, unlike many here, live in the actual City of Pittsburgh.

Last week 2 women were screaming outside of my house at their kids, for not answering their phones.
They ran all the way to the (Grandview)park for their sons, both were breathless & in a panic.
Their tones had such blood curtling fear that I had to go see what was up.

Police were running my neighborhood (Allentown), with guns drawn late afternoon, when the kids were all out playing after school, riding their bikes & such.
I listened as the boys proclaimed they did nothing wrong they did not understand why their moms were freaking out.(3 boys, 6-10 yrs of age)
The mother replied "your black & your male, you don't have to do something wrong, the police are out with guns, you're coming home with me now!"

That's the fear black mothers are living with daily. That their sons may not come home.
This is their reality.
This is a fact that cannot be denied. This issue is not isolated to just my neighborhood, or even just Pittsburgh.

Anyway, my point is, I don't care HOW LONG it has been. There are things we should not just not forget, & the Jordan Miles case is one of them. At least he lived.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:04 PM

Why did the police have their guns drawn late afternoon?

So you’re saying police are targeting 6-10 year old black males now?

Old 09-17-2019, 07:31 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
[b]

Anyway, my point is, I don't care HOW LONG it has been.
That is fine. We can agree to disagree. IMHO the way police handle things with a very hands off approach and let crimes happen and then clean up the mess is the new style. It is different now in Pittsburgh. Very different. The crime bar is much lower. Time will tell how it works out. Give it 5 years.

Old 09-21-2019, 06:05 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:
[b]...
The mother replied "your black & your male, you don't have to do something wrong, the police are out with guns, you're coming home with me now!"

That's the fear black mothers are living with daily. That their sons may not come home.
This is their reality.
This is a fact that cannot be denied. This issue is not isolated to just my neighborhood, or even just Pittsburgh.

It will sound as if I don't care, and that I am an internet bully. That is not the case.....

but yes, that is their fear. why? the statistics? no - it's American culture, and it's victimization hype. There are just a FEW incidents that have created a narrative about police encounters always becoming violent. Have you SEEN the general public these days? They are monsters. They are violent. They are full of hatred to the police, yet live lives of crime and feel they are not to be messed with, and to hell with what is lawful.

Also, please remember the cops who beat up Jordan were patrolling that area for a year already. They had removed how many guns from the streets, and/or brought to justice how many thugs already? The poor kid was caught in the wrong situation, at the wrong time, in an environment that was not the police's doing. Wasn't one of the cops a black man, too????

If those cops over-reacted, it was not with racism, malice....it was because they were trying to do their job in an area where their adrenalin is probably pumping all the time. do YOU want their job?

so what is it excactly we SHOULDN'T forget, again? its comfortable to just settle into the "cops is bad" mentality. i'm scared of City cops, too (and, from past years, Baldwin Borough's!), but I'm not selling, buying, or running around with gang business, so there you go....

Old 09-22-2019, 03:57 PM

This is all true, however, cops certainly aren’t targeting 6-10 year old black males, and if cops were drawing guns in broad daylight for no reason, there would certainly be pics, vids, and a huge uproar over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh