Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 08:41 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times

Advertisements

Loss for words. What is going on these days in Pittsburgh? Geez!

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...dler/981361467
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 09:44 AM

615 posts, read 394,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Tragic.

The metro as a whole over that time period seems to be more distressed and hurting. I don’t know if there is a correlation between the behaviors of folks, crime, economics and just overall feeling of hopelessness causing folks to do whacky things. It seems like the metro was more stable as a whole economically and violent crime was more or less segregated to certain areas up till the mid 2000s.

Again I think Pittsburgh city is better off than it was 15 years ago and of course the same for the growth corridor in the suburbs. However the rest of Allegheny county and the rest of the metro outside of that growth corridor and certain areas of the city has declined, has become unglued and is basically sinking and much worse off now than it’s ever been with crime, hopelessness and poor economics.

The sad truth is if it wasn’t for a few east end neighborhoods, the south side flats, north shore, most of downtown and the 79 corridor and west to the airport there would be nothing left of this metro.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:24 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghaccuweather View Post
It seems like the metro was more stable as a whole economically and violent crime was more or less segregated to certain areas up till the mid 2000s.
Because of the demolition of public housing towers and the ensuing displacement/scattering of those residents, and also because of gentrification pricing people out of the City of Pittsburgh (look at the dramatic change in East Liberty over the last decade)... economics is pushing poorer people into areas like Penn Hills and the Mon Valley.

This is why violent crime is less segregated to certain areas.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:50 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

now now - calm down.....there is not an epidemic of child luring/murder. it definitely isn't the type of story you want to read, of course.

i am still confused about the details because i have been too busy to track the progress of this story.. WAS she actually "sold"? is ANYONE in custody? find the person and bring them down to market square for public sport.

Last edited by szug-bot; 09-04-2019 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: edited for clarity of context.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
now now - calm down.....there is not an epidemic of child luring/murder. it definitely isn't the type of story you want to read, of course.

i am still confused about the details because i have been too busy to track the progress of this story.. WAS she actually "sold"? is ANYONE in custody? find the person and bring them down to market square for public sport.
Well I was just thinking of all the stabbings and now some little child is murdered. Probably best to stay away from local news as it is just filled with people killing or trying to kill each other. Considering we are living in the best times in history, I find it strange I guess.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:24 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

It appears that the suspect in custody, who is a woman and was the Uber driver, was the one who said the father told her to sell the baby. This does not appear to be true in anyway shape or form.

The last thing I read was that they are no longer naming the suspect, which seems to be a thing now, and they are looking for other suspects. The father and the father’s friend are not suspect. It appears he and the driver started fighting, he demanded she stop, he got out of the car, the baby was probably in a car seat, and he reached back into the car to get the baby and she took off with the baby in the car seat and knocked him down.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:33 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It appears that the suspect in custody, who is a woman and was the Uber driver, was the one who said the father told her to sell the baby. This does not appear to be true in anyway shape or form.

The last thing I read was that they are no longer naming the suspect, which seems to be a thing now, and they are looking for other suspects. The father and the father’s friend are not suspect. It appears he and the driver started fighting, he demanded she stop, he got out of the car, the baby was probably in a car seat, and he reached back into the car to get the baby and she took off with the baby in the car seat and knocked him down.
You’re a few days behind on the details. The father’s story is a lie too. He wasn’t in an Uber. He was in a relationship with that woman, who happened to be an Uber/Lyft driver. Records show that he never hailed a ride. The fact that his initial missing persons report was a complete fabrication makes me suspect that they killed that child together, and tried to throw each other under the bus.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
You’re a few days behind on the details. The father’s story is a lie too. He wasn’t in an Uber. He was in a relationship with that woman, who happened to be an Uber/Lyft driver. Records show that he never hailed a ride. The fact that his initial missing persons report was a complete fabrication makes me suspect that they killed that child together, and tried to throw each other under the bus.
I am behind!! Interesting.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
There are still no arrests? Sure is odd with all that footage.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:20 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
yeah, this is weird just for lack of closure. maybe there is something more going on.

they do have a right to arrest during an investigation, based on sound judgement, right? or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh