Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 11:59 AM

595 posts, read 600,949 times

Advertisements

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...od-south-side/

For once (in a long time) he's getting his name in the paper for Pittsburgh related things not involving bike lanes.

Old 11-13-2019, 01:09 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Wow, wonder what/who influenced to him implement this great idea.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:54 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
No effect for me, but it sounds good. I don’t go downtown anymore. Lost my pride for our city. Downtown at least. Way too much riffraff. I feel like it it worse than many third world countries.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
No effect for me, but it sounds good. I don’t go downtown anymore. Lost my pride for our city. Downtown at least. Way too much riffraff. I feel like it it worse than many third world countries.
Not sure what officers are going to want to take on some of these areas and ideas by the mayor.

I’ve never seen anything in the city that resembles anything I’ve heard about 3rd world countries, but hopefully this policing will keep people from being as scared to visit the area.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:24 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,687,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lprmesia View Post
https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...od-south-side/

For once (in a long time) he's getting his name in the paper for Pittsburgh related things not involving bike lanes.
This is a good thing. Well overdue and about time. Bill needs some good PR. His downtown is getting a bad rep, he told people to shop in the suburbs if they don’t like it. He put his foot in his mouth regarding the gas industry. The fallout from those comments is still unraveling. He’s gonna lose the gas drilling fight. It will either coexist with tech or the techies will pound their fists like babies and go elsewhere. If they want to fight I say good riddance. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few on that one.

He needs somebody on his side. He needs the police more than they need him.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,902,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lprmesia
AND, for actually doing something that's within his purview as a Mayor instead of going to the Neighborhood of Make Believe and pretending that he's a Senator or Governor.

Quote:
I don’t go downtown anymore.
My office is there, so I'm very glad that this is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I’ve never seen anything in the city that resembles anything I’ve heard about 3rd world countries, but hopefully this policing will keep people from being as scared to visit the area.
I feel safer in downtown (Centro Historico) Mexico City than I do in downtown Pittsburgh.
That includes going through the Tepito market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trib
He said the city intends to locate the South Side substation in a former Zone 3 police station in South Side Flats. The Downtown station on Liberty Avenue, which is open during critical hours, would be staffed around the clock, he said. The city is also searching for a location in Homewood.

He said the city would recruit officers for the Downtown substation who want to work with people who are homeless, drug addicted and mentally ill.
Anybody know where the location is in the Flats?

Glad to see the downtown station will be staffed around the clock. It needs to be. And there needs to be someone simply walking circles around the Wood Street T Station. That's their entire beat, and they'll be kept busy enough.

Is Bicycle Bill looking for police officers, or social workers, to staff this substation though?

Old 11-13-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post

Is Bicycle Bill looking for police officers, or social workers, to staff this substation though?
Yeah, gotta wonder who’s going to want to take these jobs. Imo city cops don’t get paid enough as it is, much less taking on this kind of work.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:43 PM

595 posts, read 600,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Anybody know where the location is in the Flats?
The original was at 1725 Mary St - building is still there and I think has been used as a filming location in recent years. If they return to that building is just speculation at this point.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:10 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,396,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lprmesia View Post
The original was at 1725 Mary St - building is still there and I think has been used as a filming location in recent years. If they return to that building is just speculation at this point.
That was my guess or they can put it in the pay toilet on carson.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:34 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,284,007 times
Quote:
This is such a laughable overreaction to the situation downtown but I can't say that I am surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh