Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 06:58 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
You do not have to prove anything to me. I am well aware of all social ills. The murder and mayhem will continue as long as there is concentrated poverty, drugs infestation and the amount of high powered guns in the hands of young men and children. This “black” problem is now becoming a problem impacting all.
Regardless of who it is impacting, you would have to be one very, very cold individual to just glaze over the issue. All I see daily on local news are black teens shooting or being shot. This isn't the drug trade only, this is also fueled by social media. Kids are exposed to so much on the Internet, yet we just look the other way. Sure, why not.

I am not sure why people want to attack someone that has concern. The amount of personal attacks is pretty sad. I guess I should be the cold individual like most and just hope I'm not in the wrong place at the wrong time. People losing their lives under 30 years old have barely lived yet. Guess I should accept it as our new norm, but I never remember reading about this many young people dying daily. I think we can do better, but maybe not as it is clear that a few posters on here just don't want me to point out this issue. Guess it will go away on its own. Sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2023, 09:23 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,693,044 times
I guess the "Don't Shoot - We Love You" signs didn't work very well. I forget who was behind that effort. The world is way way scarier today then even 10-15 years ago. I can't imagine raising a child today as it seems parental rights have little respect.

Old 03-03-2023, 10:15 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,955,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
I guess the "Don't Shoot - We Love You" signs didn't work very well. I forget who was behind that effort. The world is way way scarier today then even 10-15 years ago. I can't imagine raising a child today as it seems parental rights have little respect.
No. It was just as ruthless and horrific 10-15 years ago as it is today.

Old 03-03-2023, 11:06 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Such a shame how it’s sparked the last few years, and there’s no end in sight, especially with folks blaming police, defending and enabling criminals, voting for soft in crime political figures, etc…Pittsburgh had the highest number of murders a decade. Folks that enable such nonsense will have the area’s continuing to reap what they sow.

Plans to clean these lousy areas up like McKeesport are nothing more than that until they get the loser killers off the streets for good, but capital punishment, solitary confinement, life without parole, is being a big meanie. Those that enable it while saying something needs done will continue to make excuses while doing the same thing over and over hoping for different results.

Old 03-03-2023, 03:43 PM
gg

Quote:
No. It was just as ruthless and horrific 10-15 years ago as it is today.
Statistically not true.

The usual.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/vide...MLLFWYDY63Y5Q/

Old 03-03-2023, 03:51 PM
gg

Hope the police can keep up with black people committing crimes. Unlikely.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/arre...N6K7H5C7YLTNM/

Old 03-03-2023, 04:23 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,389,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
What people like gg, fatlou, etc. never answer, is why they think that "black folks murder more than white folks". They're almost there, but not quite yet able to say the quiet part that they're thinking, out loud. They're still cowards like that .
People speak to generally instead of specific. In the inner city black people are committing more of the gun crimes but in the outer areas of the city white people are causing the issues. I think in the suburbs it is mostly due to mental illness, domestic issues, hate crimes and problems between known individuals. In the city it is lack of a proper education, lake of parenting and culture issues. If it was just because they were black the suburbs would have the same issue. There is my take on it.

Old 03-03-2023, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
What people like gg, fatlou, etc. never answer, is why they think that "black folks murder more than white folks". They're almost there, but not quite yet able to say the quiet part that they're thinking, out loud. They're still cowards like that .
They know right from wrong but simply choose not to behave, and hilarious calling folks cowards. The truth is simply unpopular.

Old 03-03-2023, 06:28 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,955,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
People speak to generally instead of specific. In the inner city black people are committing more of the gun crimes but in the outer areas of the city white people are causing the issues. I think in the suburbs it is mostly due to mental illness, domestic issues, hate crimes and problems between known individuals. In the city it is lack of a proper education, lake of parenting and culture issues. If it was just because they were black the suburbs would have the same issue. There is my take on it.
I think the combination of lack of parenting, education and cultural issues impact both groups. I do not believe suburban parents are any better than inner city as a whole. Cultural issues is what is tearing this country apart at the seams. We have a violent culture and it has been for centuries.

The main ingredient is drugs. Drugs have permeated and intertwined into our society. Some will die for it while will die because of it. Young inner city children do not manufacture these prepackaged drugs. These drugs strategically reach the same areas without fail.

Old 03-03-2023, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I think the combination of lack of parenting, education and cultural issues impact both groups. I do not believe suburban parents are any better than inner city as a whole. Cultural issues is what is tearing this country apart at the seams. We have a violent culture and it has been for centuries.

The main ingredient is drugs. Drugs have permeated and intertwined into our society. Some will die for it while will die because of it. Young inner city children do not manufacture these prepackaged drugs. These drugs strategically reach the same areas without fail.
Drugs are nothing new. The violent culture has gotten far worse since the summer of love which you said was a small price to pay, and murders have skyrocketed and the suburbs aren’t seeing the violence as the inner city, unless you have proof otherwise?

The main ingredient is entitled loser violent criminals that have no regards for human life, and getting spun through the revolving doors of justice to be repeat killers due to soft on crime political figures and those that vote for them. These areas will continue to reap what they sow because of it and it’ll continue to get worse due to the enablers that vote for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh