Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 09:54 AM

825 posts, read 1,034,945 times

Advertisements

I see some courts are being closed to the public. Anyone has direct knowledge about home closings? Are these being delayed at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 10:45 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,678 times
Still going on as of yesterday to my knowledge.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:59 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,504 times
Currently there are no issues closing, most home closings set for this week or next likely had most local requirements completed before this all came up. We have a closing next week and there are no issues, just some extra precautions some title places are taking. We have another scheduled for early april still w/ no delays currently. There has been no indication things are going to stop at this point but there could be some delays in some instances due to more limited staff. We have a listing that is going to be coming up next week in West Mifflin. The one question is some municipalities are closing/reducing and depending on the rule you might need dye tests or occupancy permits. Those kind of issues are being worked out, I've heard some issuing temporary permits to close. You might end up with waivers as well. Still early to know exact details but all of these things could lead to some delays but most closings are 30-60 days so a good Realtor can figure out if a specific home might be more likely to have issues.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:12 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,460,906 times
I had a closing yesterday. went just fine with no issues. Some companies are limiting the people that can attend closing to just the buyer(s), seller(s) and title agent. I have not had this come up yet, but some companies have been not allowing the involved realtors to attend closing.

Old 03-19-2020, 03:59 PM

825 posts, read 1,034,945 times
Looks like all real estate functions are closing as per the governors order. Ffs.

Old 03-19-2020, 05:34 PM

Yup, our title company said likely at least 3 weeks. We shall see, I'm hoping they come up with some alternative options for closings. We have a client set to close and move in next Friday, looks like that is not going to happen. I have another FT job so my family will be fine. I really feel for these buyers/sellers. You can say it is non essential but for those in the middle of a transaction it is essential. Do they tell their landlord sorry I'm not leaving next week and whoever you had lined up is out of luck? Do you go move in with your elderly parents who likely should try to limit exposure?

Old 03-19-2020, 05:38 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Yup, our title company said likely at least 3 weeks.
We have become morons in the US. Seriously. You can' close on a home now? You can't separate in rooms and sign some papers. We are totally dumbed down to the point it is moronic. And you want the government to run healthcare? You have got to be kidding me.

We need way less government! WOW!

Old 03-20-2020, 07:24 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
ou can say it is non essential but for those in the middle of a transaction it is essential. Do they tell their landlord sorry I'm not leaving next week and whoever you had lined up is out of luck? Do you go move in with your elderly parents who likely should try to limit exposure?
Ding ding ding.
We have a winner!
Is there anything more essential than housing??

The implementation of this order was poorly thought out.
Coal mining is a no-go.
But the power-plant in Cheswick is coal-powered.
Steel making is a go. But coke is needed to make steel and coal is needed to make coke.
And is there a job that is more socially-distant than coal mining? They work underground for the love of God.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:12 PM

Just as FYI, it appears home closing may still be continuing though some issues could still arise if a municipality requirement can not be met. We had a closing scheduled for next Friday and it is back on. I think the assumption was title companies fell under real estate services but this is a gray area where they are similar to recording legal issues and law business seems to be allowed. We shall see and more clarity as we move forward. If you have a home transaction in progress it seems there is hope it will continue. Looking to buy or sell? That might be only hold though you can likely get some documentation items out of the way.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:24 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,160,611 times
My wife and I are in the market for a home and we figured we didn’t have to rush right now because business in the state is suspended. It seems as if offers are still happening and properties are changing status to contingent / pending. Unless these people are putting offers on homes that they haven’t physicality been in, I don’t understand how this is happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh