Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 06:25 PM

44 posts, read 23,742 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if Pittsburgh has a statue of Christopher Columbus or any other statues of racists from the past? I believe there’s a Columbus Street on the North Side, but overall it seems our city is mostly devoid of statues or buildings honoring horrible human beings, unless you consider all of the things named after Carnegie and Frick. Good businessmen, horrible human beings. Columbus wasn’t even a good explorer, he found America by accident

Old 06-12-2020, 06:26 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Lol

Was Columbus the only explorer that wasn’t good and found an area by accident, or just the one you consider racist?

It’s interesting how those that didn’t even live in that period of time have such hurt feelings that they want statues taken down. Better take Columbus and most others in that period of time out of the history books and only teach things that don’t hurt feelings.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:32 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
there is the beloved statue of Chris Columbus in Schenley Park. I think it should be defaced, damaged, and dragged into Panther Hollow ASAP, because, well, that will definitely help people who feel oppressed, and will immediately make life better for everyone, as if there are happy drugs in the water supply.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:35 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFuamatuMaafala View Post
Just wondering if Pittsburgh has a statue of Christopher Columbus or any other statues of racists from the past? I believe there’s a Columbus Street on the North Side, but overall it seems our city is mostly devoid of statues or buildings honoring horrible human beings, unless you consider all of the things named after Carnegie and Frick. Good businessmen, horrible human beings. Columbus wasn’t even a good explorer, he found America by accident
Yet another ignorant, useless regurgitation of non- facts by the intellectually lazy , oh so woke crowd.
Of course, just about everything about the past & everyone who lived in it was RAAYYCiSSTTTT!

Old 06-12-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
there is the beloved statue of Chris Columbus in Schenley Park. I think it should be defaced, damaged, and dragged into Panther Hollow ASAP, because, well, that will definitely help people who feel oppressed, and will immediately make life better for everyone, as if there are happy drugs in the water supply.
But then there will be less to complain about.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Yet another ignorant, useless regurgitation of non- facts by the intellectually lazy , oh so woke crowd.
Of course, just about everything about the past & everyone who lived in it was RAAYYCiSSTTTT!
Better just quit teaching history so it makes everyone feel better and the “privileged” won’t be seen as demons.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Just the information I was looking for.

Dang they beat me to it lol

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...s/202006120120

Old 06-12-2020, 06:41 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
But then there will be less to complain about.
exactly - they have no idea what they (the protesting left) will lose.

i am not saying i was ever against any of these, but look at how compassionate and loving our society actually is:

gay rights? granted

more black police? granted

more black news anchors (an actual complaint, years ago)? granted - now they are over-represented as a % of the pgh population

more roles for black people in major films? yep, granted.

better economic quality of life for black americans? granted, but mostly from their own determination - statistics show the black middle class as healthy, numerous, and the largest its ever been.

we have moved so FAR in a positive direction in 30 years, and no one sees it.

the protestor, angry faction of the left LOVES discord. it validates their existence.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
exactly - they have no idea what they (the protesting left) will lose.

i am not saying i was ever against any of these, but look at how compassionate and loving our society actually is:

gay rights? granted

more black police? granted

more black news anchors (an actual complaint, years ago)? granted - now they are over-represented as a % of the pgh population

more roles for black people in major films? yep, granted.

better economic quality of life for black americans? granted, but mostly from their own determination - statistics show the black middle class as healthy, numerous, and the largest its ever been.

we have moved so FAR in a positive direction in 30 years, and no one sees it.

the protestor, angry faction of the left LOVES discord. it validates their existence.
Bingo

I saw a skit where Chris Rock said, “use common sense, and don’t break the law”. Just imagine if those 2 things were followed...but unfortunately there will always be criminals.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:48 PM

Black news anchors are great and all.

When can we get no kneeling on black man’s neck until he dies by white cop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh