Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 07:36 PM

755 posts, read 472,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Lol what does New Zealand have to do with Pittsburgh? I am patiently waiting to see stats on how much better Pittsburgh is compared to the peer cities you mentioned.

I do know one thing many people that pay big bucks to live in an area with some of the worst air pollution in the nation day in and day out, but are afraid of this virus that has a mortality rate of around a tenth of a percent.

That is what’s funny about this whole thing. And the technocrats are now protesting in front of the mayors house because life is unfair.
I thought we were talking about the prospect of viable political opponents to the current mayor?

Since you brought it up, here is the absolute best gage of pollutants across the country and beyond, updated in real time: https://www.purpleair.com/map?opt=1/...39.751/-81.226

I look almost every day, and where I live about 8 miles south of the downtown is almost always in the "good" category. I bike and hike several days every week and have no problem. That's anecdotal, I know. But the "bad" numbers registering on the monitoring site are pretty isolated, almost always in or near Clairton and Lawrenceville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2020, 07:40 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Look at all these white people at these protests. Wow. They all want to join the victim crowd. It is hilarious. It is like these white people have a clue what it is like to be black. They have no clue what it is like to even encounter police except for a traffic stop in their Benz. You gotta start laughing at this at this point. Nice to have some comic relief during a pandemic though. Gotta love it. ha, ha, ha

I do want to mention that the city has a lot of people in that college bubble. The professors that know their teachings well, but have no concept of crime or real life at all. Bubble. Most everyone that works in a college is clueless about crime at all. They wouldn't understand what it is like to deal with "the hood". They think everything should be handled with love and feel people will magically fall in line. ha, ha, ha. Sure. They are in the college bubble. No idea of anything outside the walls of the university. Truly morons in reality, but they know their little thing they teach. They make me laugh when I see them try and function in society. Imagine if they had to deal with Homewood for a day. Clueless.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...-mayor-peduto/

Last edited by gg; 08-17-2020 at 08:03 PM..

Old 08-18-2020, 09:17 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Look at all these white people at these protests. Wow. They all want to join the victim crowd. It is hilarious. It is like these white people have a clue what it is like to be black. They have no clue what it is like to even encounter police except for a traffic stop in their Benz. You gotta start laughing at this at this point. Nice to have some comic relief during a pandemic though. Gotta love it. ha, ha, ha

I do want to mention that the city has a lot of people in that college bubble. The professors that know their teachings well, but have no concept of crime or real life at all. Bubble. Most everyone that works in a college is clueless about crime at all. They wouldn't understand what it is like to deal with "the hood". They think everything should be handled with love and feel people will magically fall in line. ha, ha, ha. Sure. They are in the college bubble. No idea of anything outside the walls of the university. Truly morons in reality, but they know their little thing they teach. They make me laugh when I see them try and function in society. Imagine if they had to deal with Homewood for a day. Clueless.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...-mayor-peduto/

Based on your recent posts it sounds as if you are part of the victim crowd. You complain about racist acts against white men on a daily basis. You complain about the left and urban cities across the US.

Old 08-18-2020, 04:34 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Based on your recent posts it sounds as if you are part of the victim crowd. You complain about racist acts against white men on a daily basis. You complain about the left and urban cities across the US.
I think everyone would get tired of prejudices from people that say they are so "liberal" or "progressive". If you claim to be so into "diversity" or whatever, you better not just talk the talk, but walk the walk. They don't, so f'them and I am happy to call those losers out on it. Look at the protest pictures of today. All white rich kids. You know it and I know it, but maybe you need white people to help? Seems blacks do, or they would ask them what are you doing? Everyone wants to be "the victim". Live is easier that way.

I can move away if I want. Waiting for the virus situation and the election to be over. If the city is still retarded, I will move away for sure. No problem there. I do as I please and am certainly not a victim, but I will call the losers out on their crap.

Old 08-18-2020, 04:39 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Many in my former far left wing mostly-White congregation were for African-American rights, equal rights, gay rights, but most would not volunteer at a soup kitchen in the Hill when the suggestion was raised because they thought it was a bad neighborhood. That's what gets me irked.

PS -- I noticed amongst all the tragic BLM-related graffiti in the Strip District one poignant reference to "my fake Brothers...".

Old 08-18-2020, 05:20 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Many in my former far left wing mostly-White congregation were for African-American rights, equal rights, gay rights, but most would not volunteer at a soup kitchen in the Hill when the suggestion was raised because they thought it was a bad neighborhood. That's what gets me irked.

PS -- I noticed amongst all the tragic BLM-related graffiti in the Strip District one poignant reference to "my fake Brothers...".
They are all rich privilaged young people. Just look at this group today. They are trying to find black people to put on camera, but it is really hard because there are only a couple out of 200. Just rich kids trying to play the victim. What an odd generation. I feel bad for them in a way. So easily led and clueless about real life. The wouldn't last a day in a black MAN's shoes in a tough area. They would be calling for mommy.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...enues-protest/

Old 08-18-2020, 07:19 PM
gg

Well I guess it is a choice for the city of Pittsburgh to make. They want a feeble police force and a bunch of left types running our city into the ground and lawlessness, OR you make a change. I don't live in the city limits, so I am just passing along the choice. I feel the new left/snowflake will vote for no police at all until they learn a valuable lesson. Maybe that is what it will take. The city is headed for the 80's just like NYC. Better look this over if you are in the city. I am hopefully out of the area in 5 years. I will just arm myself and be ready to shoot if threatened. That is what it is going to be like in my mind anyway. The left wants to take down the leadership and just let things go down the tubes. Listen to them when they speak about how they want the economy to fail. Wall Street to tumble. Believe me, you DON'T want that. If you think you do, well good luck to us all. You have no idea.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/vide...s-retirements/

Old 08-18-2020, 07:24 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think everyone would get tired of prejudices from people that say they are so "liberal" or "progressive". If you claim to be so into "diversity" or whatever, you better not just talk the talk, but walk the walk. They don't, so f'them and I am happy to call those losers out on it. Look at the protest pictures of today. All white rich kids. You know it and I know it, but maybe you need white people to help? Seems blacks do, or they would ask them what are you doing? Everyone wants to be "the victim". Live is easier that way.

I can move away if I want. Waiting for the virus situation and the election to be over. If the city is still retarded, I will move away for sure. No problem there. I do as I please and am certainly not a victim, but I will call the losers out on their crap.
You can run but you can't hide.

Old 08-18-2020, 07:40 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post

i've always remembered that I've known NO ONE who was politically left, white, and angry who lived in a majority black neighborhood. never - not one person.

i've never known a black person who was hardcore left and lived in a stable and mixed, or mostly white neighborhood.

no big statement here - only saying that everyone just knows what they know, with total ignorance to anything else they don't know, if that makes sense.

the problem seems to be that no one seeks to understand what they 'dont know'?

Old 08-18-2020, 07:57 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
You can run but you can't hide.
What does this have to do with mayor choice? People migrate to where they want just like YOU DO!!!!!!! YOU want to live with other black people! YOU want that! YOU can only relate to black people.

We are not the same at all. I see people as I hear them speak. YOU? Color and color only. You don't care about people as they speak like I do. You are too angry for that. I have TONS of black friends and always have. They like the fact that I just speak plainly. Do I upset them sometimes? Yes, but if I didn't say what was on my mind, they would know I was just another protest type that is totally fake. I don't live in their bubble. The Google employee organizing those protests have NOTHING in common with YOU. NOTHING! Do you let him speak for you? I guess so. Do they speak for me? NO! I speak for myself, but you keep letting the rich white people speak on your behalf. Not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh