Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2020, 01:15 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
am i missing something? i never thought once of doing anything but marching down there election night and waiting patiently for my turn, then voting.

how difficult can that be, #1.

how is that any different from the proximity you have to the smelly populace at the Shadyside Giant Eagle - who don't social d and after how many months still don't comprehend the directional stickers on the floor at the head of each aisle?

i'd say contact will be way less at the voting booth.
My reasoning was simple for doing the drop off. If we have the same weather next Tuesday as we do today, I'd hate to stand in line. Between social distancing and having to clean off the machines each time, no doubt the line will extend outside the poll. Plus, I'm still avoiding large crowds and I have a feeling it will be SRO next week.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
No surprise here
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun...outputType=amp

Old 11-01-2020, 07:38 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Wow, President Trump was drawing massive crowds in PA yesterday, 10s of thousands at each of the four events, including a jaw dropping 58,000 in Butler.

Don't believe the polling that has Biden way up, the polling companies that were most accurate in 2016 are all saying it's close, and it has been rapidly shifting in President Trump's favor in the last couple of weeks. Everything we can see on the ground supports this, massive Pro-Trump grassroot events popping up all over the country, including in deep blue areas like Beverly Hills CA.

This election is slipping away from Joe Biden at an ever accelerating rate.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:33 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

i...just...don't know.

i mean, it depends on who you talk to. i've mentioned my hard-core Democrat friend, the one on public assistance (nope, doesnt work, and owns a house his mother paid for in cash). he is SURE Trump is dead in the water.

i've (tried to) explain that its his SOURCE of news that might be giving him a false sense of accomplishment, but he claims he peruses various media, including Fox news.

but then, its the SILENT people who have no reason to protest...

but then AGAIN, all the people who might crawl out from the recesses, who would assumedly vote Democrat...

Old 11-01-2020, 08:52 AM

198 posts, read 80,707 times
Quote:
the polling companies that were most accurate in 2016 are all saying it's close, and it has been rapidly shifting in President Trump's favor in the last couple of weeks.
Which polling companies?

Old 11-01-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i...just...don't know.

i mean, it depends on who you talk to. i've mentioned my hard-core Democrat friend, the one on public assistance (nope, doesnt work, and owns a house his mother paid for in cash). he is SURE Trump is dead in the water.

i've (tried to) explain that its his SOURCE of news that might be giving him a false sense of accomplishment, but he claims he peruses various media, including Fox news.

but then, its the SILENT people who have no reason to protest...

but then AGAIN, all the people who might crawl out from the recesses, who would assumedly vote Democrat...
The data shows not only have "these people" been registering as Republicans in record numbers, including in every swing state, but the data says they are the among the most enthusiastic Trump supporters.

I know it's hard for people to believe because of the constant media bombardment, but almost ever metric favors President Trump going onto reelection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_lanes View Post
Which polling companies?

The Trafalgar Group has good track record, and Big Data Poll only missed calling PA by one tenth of one percent in 2016. Both polling companies are saying it's close, but rapidly shifting to favor President Trump.

Last edited by stburr91; 11-01-2020 at 10:20 AM..

Old 11-01-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Wow, President Trump was drawing massive crowds in PA yesterday, 10s of thousands at each of the four events, including a jaw dropping 58,000 in Butler.

Don't believe the polling that has Biden way up, the polling companies that were most accurate in 2016 are all saying it's close, and it has been rapidly shifting in President Trump's favor in the last couple of weeks. Everything we can see on the ground supports this, massive Pro-Trump grassroot events popping up all over the country, including in deep blue areas like Beverly Hills CA.

I heard the turnouts were huge and saw some video of it. Also saw some videos extremely long lines of traffic on the way to the rallies.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:27 AM

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette just endorsed President Trump.

This is the first time the Post has endorsed a Republican in almost 50 years.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:47 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Post Gazette reported 10K at Butler.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Post Gazette reported 10K at Butler.
Same with Butler Eagle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh