Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 03:41 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,394,276 times

Advertisements

Washington pa to possibly anywhere in allegheny county could get old, plus the public transportation in washington county is limited. I would recommend anywhere on the west busway. The scott walmart is decent with a nice grocery department and it is close to the Robinson super walmart. As an added bonus there is a newer super walmart on university blvd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 04:57 PM

18 posts, read 17,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Washington pa to possibly anywhere in allegheny county could get old, plus the public transportation in washington county is limited. I would recommend anywhere on the west busway. The scott walmart is decent with a nice grocery department and it is close to the Robinson super walmart. As an added bonus there is a newer super walmart on university blvd.
Wonderful! Thank you

Old 09-28-2020, 07:44 PM

882 posts, read 335,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashysplashy View Post

OUTSIDE ALLEGHENY COUNTY...

I know I said that I wanted to stay in Allegheny County, but is there anything in the surrounding counties? Thanks so much! Just trying to see what's out there. It'd be cool to still be able to get into Pittsburgh (for events/hockey/concerts, museums, etc).

Somewhere near a Walmart Supercenter Haha.

Try Irwin.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Try Irwin.
Thank you for the suggestion!

Old 09-30-2020, 08:04 AM

I may be a little silly with the walmart supercenter. I admit that. Some things you have to sacrifice. Any opinions on BRIDGEVILLE? There is a regular walmart nearby, sure. But I can access lots of other things (supermarket, doctor, cinema, downtown, etc) with a single bus ride. It looks like the town has a few buses running through it.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:41 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashysplashy View Post

I may be a little silly with the walmart supercenter. I admit that. Some things you have to sacrifice. Any opinions on BRIDGEVILLE? There is a regular walmart nearby, sure. But I can access lots of other things (supermarket, doctor, cinema, downtown, etc) with a single bus ride. It looks like the town has a few buses running through it.

I live next door to Bridgeville, in Upper St.Clair and am quite familiar with it.
The school district, Chartiers Valley, is fine, and for the most part, housing is cheap, as long as it is actually in Bridgeville. However, that zip code also encompasses part of South Fayette, a very nice suburb & school district, but with high taxes and many expensive homes, although there is a good bit of older housing as well.
Bus service should be good, I think, and there are a number of popular restaurants in Bridgeville, or just outside in Collier Twp.
The Phoenix Cinemas complex is just outside town and most amenities are close at hand, but perhaps not as accessible as you may like if traveling solely by bus.
I would again caution again that you would be paying high Allegheny County real estate taxes there as well.

Last edited by USC1986; 09-30-2020 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-30-2020, 09:00 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Here is a new one for you: Kittanning. It is located in Armstrong County, so the taxes will be lower. There is a Super Walmart and a small community hospital. The school district is Armstrong School District and is decent. They also have a public transportation system that runs to places like Walmart and the hospital. See https://www.tandctransit.com/

Old 09-30-2020, 09:52 AM

334 posts, read 264,007 times
I might suggest Butler, PA. There’s a Walmart Super Center there and plenty of under $200,000 properties for sale with lower taxes in Butler county than Allegheny county. Take a look at Zelionople also—walkable town with sidewalks and 8 miles to the Cranberry Township Walmart Super Center.
They’re both somewhat rural and coming from NYC, you’re going to experience some serious culture shock so maybe closer to the city of Pittsburgh would ease the transition. Good luck!

Old 09-30-2020, 01:40 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
$200k for Zelienople is a big stretch anymore.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I live next door to Bridgeville, in Upper St.Clair and am quite familiar with it.
The school district, Chartiers Valley, is fine, and for the most part, housing is cheap, as long as it is actually in Bridgeville. However, that zip code also encompasses part of South Fayette, a very nice suburb & school district, but with high taxes and many expensive homes, although there is a good bit of older housing as well.
Bus service should be good, I think, and there are a number of popular restaurants in Bridgeville, or just outside in Collier Twp.
The Phoenix Cinemas complex is just outside town and most amenities are close at hand, but perhaps not as accessible as you may like if traveling solely by bus.
I would again caution again that you would be paying high Allegheny County real estate taxes there as well.
I can see your point. I never even considered the taxes. I can't believe I haven't. Thank you for making me aware. You can tell I'm new to this process. I appreciate your response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh