Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 09:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except he didn’t ask for Pens specific calls…and just because the schedule says so, Stillers season doesn’t end in Pittsburgh. They’ll always be top dog, hence that’s the majority of his calls.
Top dog for tv viewing for sure. When you only play a handful of games, and the weather is lousy, the NFL has a captive audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2023, 09:54 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Top dog for tv viewing for sure. When you only play a handful of games, and the weather is lousy, the NFL has a captive audience.
Stillers are top dog for the city, and the NFL rules the roost for sports revenue in the US. Lol at a handful of games, as it’s 17 per team plus exhibition games, playoffs, and the SB, but thanks for proving the point with your own words. NFL has the least amount of games and always top dog in revenue compared to all other US sports…and the weather certainly isn’t near always lousy. You should get out more or at least watch the games on tv outside of the Pittsburgh area. They even have domes to play in. That stadium still isn’t popular with you. Besides, it’s not like the caller called into try to talk about the Pirates. I don’t think Madden allows that, but the 30 seconds he spends on the Bucco roundup is always great stuff.

Last edited by erieguy; 02-24-2023 at 10:51 AM..

Old 02-25-2023, 02:51 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,554,414 times
Since most Steeler fans have a small attention span, having only 8-9 home games is just perfect for those drunks.

Old 02-25-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Since most Steeler fans have a small attention span, having only 8-9 home games is just perfect for those drunks.
Quite the assumption and exaggeration. Good thing nobody forces fans to go to the games to be subjected to the supposed horrors, and the years on end waiting list fans certainly aren’t concerned. At least there’s wide open spaces at Bucs games to get away from folks. MLB fans have such a small attention span Manfred is doing anything and everything to speed the games up. I am loving the new pitcher/batter clock and limited throws to 1B.

Last edited by erieguy; 02-25-2023 at 03:06 PM..

Old 03-24-2023, 05:21 PM

1,119 posts, read 517,683 times
MM has been on an absolute heater this week.

-Had Big Ben on his show who broke news that the 49ers were in fact interested. Made national news and several scum bloggers didn’t even credit that it came from MM’s show

-Doubled up the B team in ratings

-Saw his accountant and marveled at how much money he made in 2022

-Continues to work the Steelers marks. Won’t win a playoff game next year.

Anyway, the other big thing that is very frustrating and something I’ll bet Erie (who will take me to task on me posting the above bullets) will likely agree with is the faux outrage by the woke brigade that continues regarding NHL players taking a stand for what they believe in and opting not to wear the “pride” warmup jerseys.

Latest example - the Staal’s. GREAT people. But under attack because they made a personal choice. How about this: respect their decision, and MIND YOUR OWN F’ING BUSINESS.

Old 03-24-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
MM has been on an absolute heater this week.

-Had Big Ben on his show who broke news that the 49ers were in fact interested. Made national news and several scum bloggers didn’t even credit that it came from MM’s show

-Doubled up the B team in ratings

-Saw his accountant and marveled at how much money he made in 2022

-Continues to work the Steelers marks. Won’t win a playoff game next year.

Anyway, the other big thing that is very frustrating and something I’ll bet Erie (who will take me to task on me posting the above bullets) will likely agree with is the faux outrage by the woke brigade that continues regarding NHL players taking a stand for what they believe in and opting not to wear the “pride” warmup jerseys.

Latest example - the Staal’s. GREAT people. But under attack because they made a personal choice. How about this: respect their decision, and MIND YOUR OWN F’ING BUSINESS.
Can’t understand why anyone would pay so much attention to bloggers, but he can’t stop talking about them.

The Fan is terrible beyond the morning show

He was certainly kissing up to Ben hard after it being so long since he’s been on the show.

Lol at his accountant news. He obviously didn’t make as much as he expected after getting ousted by Flair.

The Pride stuff with the jerseys is nonsense. The folks that say they just want to be treated normal continue to require sOOOO much attention.

Old 03-24-2023, 09:52 PM

He’s better than them. Just so good in his 60’s.

It is terrible and the morning show is too. Crowley is wasting his talent and mush mouth Dickerson is a joke.

He and Ben have great chemistry.

Lol at thinking getting ousted by Flair made such a big difference in his pay. Oh, so he only made say $370K instead of $385K. Whoop dee doo.

And there’s where we agree. Also, love when Mark retweets Babylon Bee and makes fun of the vegetable in office. I refuse to believe he voted for him.

Old 03-24-2023, 10:03 PM

Quote:
He’s better than them. Just so good in his 60’s.

It is terrible and the morning show is too. Crowley is wasting his talent and mush mouth Dickerson is a joke.

He and Ben have great chemistry.

Lol at thinking getting ousted by Flair made such a big difference in his pay. Oh, so he only made say $370K instead of $385K. Whoop dee doo.

And there’s where we agree. Also, love when Mark retweets Babylon Bee and makes fun of the vegetable in office. I refuse to believe he voted for him.
He should be as they’re bloggers, lol. Him giving them so much attention is great stuff.

Funny how you parrot Madden about Crowley while he’s doing a great job, and so does Dickerson.

Not funny at all as Madden claimed he was going to make a lot of money doing the podcast, but now that he got ousted you say the opposite, lol.

It’s hilarious how your numbers continue to go up, as they’ve gone from $250K to now $370k in a little over a year, while claiming before that B team personalities only make $50-$60k/year, and then changed that number. Where do you get your proven numbers from, and please be specific?

You refuse to believe it because you live through him and wouldn’t do it yourself and want to be him.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-24-2023 at 10:15 PM..

Old 03-25-2023, 09:22 PM

“I’ve been rough on DeSmith. Just told him he played great, because he did. He should start Tuesday. He’s earned it. DeSmith battles like crazy. Maybe that’s enough.”

Friggin awesome. If you’re Casey, I can’t imagine how gratifying that must feel to have MM tell you that. Let’s go!!

Old 03-25-2023, 09:25 PM

Quote:
“I’ve been rough on DeSmith. Just told him he played great, because he did. He should start Tuesday. He’s earned it. DeSmith battles like crazy. Maybe that’s enough.”

Friggin awesome. If you’re Casey, I can’t imagine how gratifying that must feel to have MM tell you that. Let’s go!!
Considering Jarry has been lousy and is hurt, it’s a no-brainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh