Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 04:43 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,390,448 times

Advertisements

https://triblive.com/local/fox-chape...rfriendly=true

I have been a gab n eat man since 2000. I get the pancakes with hot sausage. Any other places not mentioned in the article?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 07:23 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,558,440 times
I'm still a Johnny's (formerly Pip's) girl. Admittedly it's mostly because I like being able to hear yinzer in its native habitat while I eat an omelet with a side of Silver Star sausage and a bottomless cup of coffee.

Second best is the little mom and pop spot over in Wood's Run. Third best is the P and G over in Millvale.

What can I say? I love a good greasy spoon! For fancier breakfast eats, I stay home and cook.

The first two are places that I like to take my out-of-town friends.

I'll have to check out the place in Brighton Heights as it's the closest to me, sounds really good, and I'm in that 'hood a decent bit.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:33 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,390,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
I'm still a Johnny's (formerly Pip's) girl. Admittedly it's mostly because I like being able to hear yinzer in its native habitat while I eat an omelet with a side of Silver Star sausage and a bottomless cup of coffee.

Second best is the little mom and pop spot over in Wood's Run. Third best is the P and G over in Millville.

What can I say? I love a good greasy spoon! For fancier breakfast eats, I stay home and cook.

The first two are places that I like to take my out-of-town friends.

I'll have to check out the place in Brighton Heights as it's the closest to me and I'm in the 'hood a decent bit.

There is a place under the 16th street bridge that looks good

https://fathersdiner.com/

Old 10-08-2020, 07:55 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,540,417 times
Chubb's in North Park. Great little diner.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:47 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,558,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
There is a place under the 16th street bridge that looks good

https://fathersdiner.com/
Ooooh. Going to have to check that place out! Thanks for the heads up!

Old 10-08-2020, 08:54 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
Don't expect too much from any restaurant in the city limits. The costs are too high for them to provide real quality. I suspect you will be disappointed. To get great food, you need to get out of the metro a bit. For example, you could be down in the Ohiopyle area and eat at Bittersweet Cafe. Pittsburgh doesn't have anything that good.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:54 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Chubb's in North Park. Great little diner.
Thanks I will need to check that out.

I love breakfast, have a few places I like.

You really can't go wrong at Deluca's, either in the strip or in Robinson. We tend to goto Robinson just because it is easier and go every mother's day. Our goto.

Kelly O's - also good food, love the breakfast sandwich with hot sausage. They tend to be a little expensive, I guess the fame of being on TV.

Eggs R Us - nice little place with good food and prices, a little run down inside as they havent seem to kept up but good. Near my Mom's place.

I also like Eggs N At over in Moon, I dont get over there much but if I have a flight out of town early enough we try to stop.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:58 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,084 times
Oh and actually we also really liked the Freedom Square Diner in Cranberry, just hard for us to drive up there for breakfast but they have great selections and it was pretty good.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:09 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,052,111 times
Quote:
just to let you know - that place was notorious for health code violations in its former life.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:20 AM

1,910 posts, read 737,240 times
Bob's Diner in Carnegie across from the Ukrainian Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh