Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2020, 05:55 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times

Advertisements

Cops that are this irresponsible/stupid shouldn`t be armed. Perhaps they`re in the wrong line of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 06:00 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,019,980 times
I was ignoring this thread because I presumed it was a legitimate restaurant discussion. Then I noticed **** on my Facebook about a certain restaurant. Lo and behold, it's more stupid, grievance-related political crap clogging up yet another thread. Isn't one place for political whining enough?

Regardless, Toys for Tots has clarified that it will never team up with the Proud Boys on anything.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:28 AM

1,119 posts, read 516,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Cops that are this irresponsible/stupid shouldn`t be armed. Perhaps they`re in the wrong line of work.
What’s really stupid are the Sheeple like you who think the tyrannical governor’s mandate will hold an ounce of weight in court. Or who think your little piece of cloth makes such a big difference for a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate.

Let’s be real... if by some chance there was a COVID outbreak from this restaurant (which how could you even prove that definitively?) odds are very likely that everyone will be fine. But odds are also extremely likely that idiots like you would be happy if that happened - and then end up with egg on your face, no pun intended, when everyone does end up fine and business continues as usual.

I just purchased $200 in gift cards there today because of all you pathetic haters.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:42 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
There’s more and more businesses staying open, and rightfully so. I’d heavily wager those screaming for shutdowns are getting a check no matter what happens, as there’s no way they’re business owners losing/on the verge of losing everything.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:27 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I was ignoring this thread because I presumed it was a legitimate restaurant discussion. Then I noticed **** on my Facebook about a certain restaurant. Lo and behold, it's more stupid, grievance-related political crap clogging up yet another thread. Isn't one place for political whining enough?

Regardless, Toys for Tots has clarified that it will never team up with the Proud Boys on anything.
Sure is an interesting study how the media treats The Proud Boys vs. BLM.

I researched The Proud Boys when they had a website, been removed by the Internet due to a very strong lobby group and according to their website, they had black and latino members. They were not a "white supremacist" group at all, but wanted to have pride in their history etc. Sure is an interesting study though. I can't find anything from them on the Internet anymore. I am not talking about media/so-called news, I am talking about from the source. They sure were attacked. Now every time there is violence they get blamed. I don't believe anything unless I know the source and can see it from them, not the media circus.

Sure are interesting times. Odd really.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:50 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,019,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

I researched The Proud Boys when they had a website, been removed by the Internet due to a very strong lobby group and according to their website, they had black and latino members. They were not a "white supremacist" group at all, but wanted to have pride in their history etc. Sure is an interesting study though. I can't find anything from them on the Internet anymore. I am not talking about media/so-called news, I am talking about from the source. They sure were attacked. Now every time there is violence they get blamed. I don't believe anything unless I know the source and can see it from them, not the media circus.

The Proud Boys are not an explicitly white nationalist group. They are however a neo-fascist group - honestly in many ways more openly fascist than some of the racist groups. They quite literally glorify violence, and use it (along with implicit treats of it) in an attempt to control the political debate. This is exactly what fascist parties did in Europe in the 1930s, with the movements first starting more or less as street gangs who would show up at left-wing events and beat the crap out of people.

I know that you - or others - are going to bring up antifa, but the situation is not comparable. Antifa is not an organization. Half or more of the movement are outright anarchists anyway. Some of the individuals involved are young dudes who are indeed looking to get in fights with the likes of the Proud Boys, but there's no "head of antifa" similar to Gavin McInnis, who outright said ""I want violence, I want punching in the face. I'm disappointed in Trump supporters for not punching enough."

Old 12-15-2020, 12:07 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
There’s more and more businesses staying open, and rightfully so. I’d heavily wager those screaming for shutdowns are getting a check no matter what happens, as there’s no way they’re business owners losing/on the verge of losing everything.
Could it be that those screaming for shutdowns want to see this virus stopped so the restaurants can get back to having a full dining room of cash customers? You can end the shutdowns but you can`t force people to risk their lives and the lives of their loved ones just to sit in a restaurant. Familiarize yourself with the kitchen in your home.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Could it be that those screaming for shutdowns want to see this virus stopped so the restaurants can get back to having a full dining room of cash customers? You can end the shutdowns but you can`t force people to risk their lives and the lives of their loved ones just to sit in a restaurant. Familiarize yourself with the kitchen in your home.
Why are small businesses facing such stringent restrictions, while big businesses and box stores are able to reap the benefits?

Stay home, or social distance and wear your mask. No worries if you follow those protocols, right?

Besides, the vaccine magically appeared, so even less worries, now.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

BLM plays the martyr rather than cleaning up the huge amount of violence in their own yards. They’re a hate group that gets a pass because muh oppression. However, especially when teamed up with ANTIFA, they make for great tv.

Burgess Owens just one of many commenting on those clowns.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/uta...-antifa-to-kkk

Old 12-15-2020, 01:33 PM

1,119 posts, read 516,862 times
BLM is a terror organization worse than the KKK and the fact Burgess condemns them is extremely telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh