Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2021, 06:12 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
I'm surprised by the leniency Yinzers are granted on this forum. I reported a few posts as off-topic and rude, but the thread goes on. In the Philadelphia Forum, political discourse gets shut down.
Have you read the crime thread over there? I think you are mistaken. There needs to be room for discussion and politics in a local sense is important. You don't think we should discuss who our. next mayor of Pittsburgh is going to be?

Geez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 06:15 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Clearly you prefer to be led around and ruled. I feel I am intelligent enough to survive this without someone ruling me.

If I have to explain to you how to stay safe at this point, well I don't know what to tell you.

Seems you still need mommy and daddy to tell you what to do. I don't.

Good luck. You will need it.
Feeling and actually being intelligent are two different things.

Who is saying they want to be led and ruled? You never get sick? All that conservative negativity that you are shooting in your veins?

Nothing else matters if you don’t have your health. Health is wealth. It’s hard to get people to believe something you can’t see with the naked eye until it affects you. All that wonderful freedom spent on a ventilator in a hospital. Racking up thousands in medical bills. Then a flip of the coin if you survive. All in the name of freedom.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:15 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,102,536 times
I saw something recently went something like, "If you don't want to wear a mask, and you don't want the vaccine, and you don't want another lockdown; what will you do?" Get the vaccine people, stop listening to the propaganda, this is never going to end with the disinfo campaigns from shady sources.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:16 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,452,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Have you read the crime thread over there? I think you are mistaken. There needs to be room for discussion and politics in a local sense is important. You don't think we should discuss who our. next mayor of Pittsburgh is going to be?

Geez.
Lol, you are completely missing my point. I actually do believe we should be able to talk about COVID, etc. on these forums. But a thread in which COVID was being discussed was shut down on the Philadelphia forum. I am surprised by the lack of consistency.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:22 AM

1,913 posts, read 739,744 times
From Miami:

Quote:
Last summer, when Jackson Health was slammed with a surge of COVID-positive patients, hospital administrators suspended non-essential surgeries in order to open more beds. Most of the patients were elderly, and many had underlying medical conditions that raised their risk for severe outcomes from the disease, said Alix Zacharski, a nurse and manager of the medical intensive care unit at Jackson Memorial.

This time around, patients are younger, healthier and sicker.

“Unlike last year, we’re getting a very young population, which is extremely concerning because this time we’re now getting young people without pre-existing conditions,” Zacharski said.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing

Old 08-03-2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Lol, you are completely missing my point. I actually do believe we should be able to talk about COVID, etc. on these forums. But a thread in which COVID was being discussed was shut down on the Philadelphia forum. I am surprised by the lack of consistency.
And you're missing mine. No one here cares about that forum. And you have no business randomly reporting people here.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:25 AM

882 posts, read 335,648 times
At some point soon, there will be a tipping point.

Unvaccinated will be refused entry into most commercial businesses.
Unvaccinated will be refused jobs at most employers.
Unvaccinated will get charged a premium for insurance.

We're already seeing the tide start to turn, with people getting vaccinated. There's even a place down south that has a way for people to get it without being seen, so they don't have to anger their moron friends, so they get the shot on the dl. At some point only the lunatic fringe will be left standing unprotected, holding nothing but their boot straps. Good luck with that.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:28 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Feeling..... blah, blah
No responses to any of your posts for a week. Come back in one week. No soup for you!

Old 08-03-2021, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post

We're already seeing the tide start to turn, with people getting vaccinated. There's even a place down south that has a way for people to get it without being seen, so they don't have to anger their moron friends, so they get the shot on the dl. At some point only the lunatic fringe will be left standing unprotected, holding nothing but their boot straps. Good luck with that.
You realize that the lowest vaccine rates in places like Mississippi and Alabama are among minorities, right?

Old 08-03-2021, 06:30 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post

We don’t agree on a lot of things, but yep you are right. This is on the horizon. As soon as it drops emergency status and is officially approved this is gonna be mandated by private business for the things you mentioned.

The unvaccinated are costing our healthcare system to keep them and their freedom alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh